2020-2021 NFL Season Talk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cam Newton to New England is going to be a fascinating story throughout the season. Remember, Belichek use to go to Navy and study CPJ's offense. Can you imagine a modified flex option with Cam Newton at QB? I don't think it will be a full time offense, but you can run a series of plays. You have more time to spend in the NFL than you do in college, so you give Belichek a QB with Cam's abilities and the options are almost limitless.

Belichek has always been open minded about borrowing schemes and concepts from different levels. He was using Air Raid concepts before it became cool.

Personally, it's going to be fun to watch New England with Cam Newton at QB just the simple fact that you're giving a HOF'er coach that's open to using any concept that helps him win, a QB with almost unlimited potential.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I think this was the best thing for Cam, if he can't prove himself under the best NFL coach then his time might just be over. He has shown great talent and with the correct coaching he may last a few more years.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Cam Newton to New England is going to be a fascinating story throughout the season. Remember, Belichek use to go to Navy and study CPJ's offense. Can you imagine a modified flex option with Cam Newton at QB? I don't think it will be a full time offense, but you can run a series of plays. You have more time to spend in the NFL than you do in college, so you give Belichek a QB with Cam's abilities and the options are almost limitless.

Belichek has always been open minded about borrowing schemes and concepts from different levels. He was using Air Raid concepts before it became cool.

Personally, it's going to be fun to watch New England with Cam Newton at QB just the simple fact that you're giving a HOF'er coach that's open to using any concept that helps him win, a QB with almost unlimited potential.
Cam's health argues against that. I won't call him fragile, because just one hit by the behemoths who play defense in the NFL these days would crush me like a bug on a windshield, but he isn't going to be utilized as a runner based on his past injury profile, imho.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cam's health argues against that. I won't call him fragile, because just one hit by the behemoths who play defense in the NFL these days would crush me like a bug on a windshield, but he isn't going to be utilized as a runner based on his past injury profile, imho.

I've watched videos of his offseason workout. Cam is moving around very well, and physically the dude looks like a defensive end. Of course, looking in peak physical condition and staying healthy are different things.

If he's the Cam of old, and Belichek has a limitless playbook for someone with Cam's skillset, it's going to be a VERY bad combination for the rest of the NFL. We'll see.

GT_EE78

Banned
NFL owners have approved a proposal that will reward organizations for developing minority coaches
League’s owners unanimously approved a contingency plan to expand the playoff field to 16 teams if virus ....
"Teams that lose a minority coach or an executive to a head coach position or primary football executive role with another club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to both head coach and general manager/president roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years."

slugboy

Staff member
Supposedly alcohol and adderall involved. Sounds like a damn good Thursday afternoon if you ask me, up until the point you almost killed 2 children.

I don’t know what’s going on, but this isn’t the first time something like this has happened around Andy Reid.

GT_EE78

Banned

LOL , now Watson has over 40 accusers for sexual misconduct and more than 20 have filed lawsuits.
hec , even his own lawyer says he got 20 masseusses who will testify that there was no sex misconduct.
since he can get a sports massage from a team trainer for free, why he need 60 masseusses?
yup,i'd get out of Dodge by asking for a trade too.