1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

2019 Roster

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by FredJacket, Jan 3, 2019.

1. FredJacket

FredJacket Helluva Engineer

THWG likes this.
  2. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

My only surprise is Dylan Biumi (RHP) graduate transfer. https://ramblinwreck.com/roster/dylan-biumi/ I probably heard about him but forgot. Amos Willingham has gotten the press on the transfer front.

Bailey Combs gone too. But not a surprise to me.

THWG and FredJacket like this.
  3. FredJacket

Biumi pitched at Western Carolina. 3 seasons(?)... then injured. So I assume he has 1 yr of eligibility.

Think I saw almost exclusively relief appearances along with 1 start there. ERA in mid 5s over his career there.

Edit: LOL! & I provided that BEFORE reading your link.

4. GTNavyNuke

I link stuff since I don't remember it a month later. Here are his full stats: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=196438

He's done pretty good in the SunBelt League in 2018 (2.08 ERA) so he looks to be back from the injury. As a graduate, I don't think he can play more than a year?

We certainly have a lot of options in the pitching department this year. Hopefully they are managed well:cautious:

FredJacket likes this.
  5. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Whatchya tryin' to say there, bub??

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  6. FredJacket

It has taken me awhile; but I've settled on "we all have our own way of coping" ...and it evolves.

@GTNavyNuke goes with basic informed optimism; but can't quite stop without the "reminder" not everything may have changed. (y) ... I say that with all due respect.

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  7. GTNavyNuke

We do have our own ways of coping. Mine is to try and be balanced. Too many times I've been like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding. But every once in a while, I kick the ball in my dreams, just like Pavol's dogs got a treat occasionally.

Last year I was hiking and reached a summit at 16,000 feet and told my daughter GT was going to the CWS. It was just after the Miami series and things were all falling in place .......... definitely lack of oxygen to the brain.

Well "informed optimism" is the best my outlook has been called. The "reminders" are simply my way of reminding myself that until things change, they haven't changed. Maybe "this time is different". (Those are the four most expensive words in trading / investing.)

Maybe we do have the depth of pitching, and it will be effectively used, to get to the Super Regionals. Sure hope so.

augustabuzz and FredJacket like this.
  8. augustabuzz

augustabuzz Helluva Engineer

I enjoy knowing there are other Tech baseball addicts here. Hope springs eternal.

FredJacket and THWG like this.
  9. FredJacket

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    THWG and GTNavyNuke like this.
  10. RoosterJacket

RoosterJacket Helluva Engineer

FredJacket likes this.
  11. RoosterJacket

RoosterJacket Helluva Engineer

Guess if I had read the release before my post I could’ve left some of that redundant info out and seen that he helped at FSU last year.

FredJacket likes this.
  12. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

If GT goes to the CWS, i’ll Be there.

THWG, GTNavyNuke and FredJacket like this.
  13. FredJacket

Coach Ramsey seems to expect to be playing in June. "Dog-Piling Season"

THWG likes this.
  14. dawgbasher

dawgbasher Ramblin' Wreck

Just talked to a dad on the team & he said Eric Patterson has left the team due to being passed over for the Ramsey hire. Don’t blame him. Related to me that the kids on team are upset over Patterson leaving. Hall never ceases to amaze me.

15. Female Jacket

Female Jacket Jolly Good Fellow

"Georgia Tech returns much of its team and nearly all its pitching staff, including the one-two starting punch of Xzavion Curry and Connor Thomas, as well as Tristin English and Brant Hurter. Position players who return include outfielders Chase Murray, Colin Hall, Nick Wilhite and Baron Radcliff, catcher Kyle McCann and infielders Oscar Serratos, Austin Wilhite, Luke Waddell and Michael Guldberg.

An influx of talented newcomers includes transfer Amos Willingham and freshmen Luke Bartnicki and Cort Roedig.

The Yellow Jackets lost catcher Joey Bart, who was the No. 2 player taken in the Major League Baseball draft, and second baseman Wade Bailey. "

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  16. GTNavyNuke

Well we all agree we have the potential. A little over a month away to opening game(y)

FredJacket likes this.
  17. up state jacket

up state jacket Banned

Unfortunately we've seen this movie before. Like most on here I'm starting the season with the belief that we can at least host or try and spoil a super regional.

18. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

Is Jon Hughes still with the team?

19. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

Yes.

20. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

I hope Hughes has a breakout season this year. He is due.