2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looks like you'll have to stream Friday night's game. The rest of weekend looks to be TBD on where/how to watch.
20190528_055519.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like you'll have to stream Friday night's game. The rest of weekend looks to be TBD on where/how to watch.
View attachment 5837

I like Florida A&M's mascot. Much more fearsome than a tree or castrated turkey.

As to our opponents, of course we are facing someone dangerous. That's why they are 2 & 3 seeds. Need to win the first two to cover for our lack of starting pitching depth. I'd still start English in any elimination game if he is the best choice, not Roedig.

Still no word on X? {rhetorical} I'd expect to see him in game 3 if we are going to see him. And not hear good news until then. Bad news travels fast and could hear bad news before that.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hi Guys! Wow! What great and exciting news about GT 3rd seed.
I was reading up on the other teams, so when I go next weekend I'll be in the loop of teams like CC. Any thoughts on CC?
I don't think you can sleep on any team in our bracket.
Here's what Baseball America says:

Most Dangerous Lower Seeds

Everyone is looking for this year’s Cinderella, a team like Kent State or Stony Brook that can make a run to the College World Series despite being a No. 3 or 4 seed in its regional. Here are this year’s most dangerous No. 3 and 4 seeds.

Three Seeds

Coastal Carolina — The Chanticleers didn’t have the regular season they would have liked, but this was a Top 25 team for much of the first half of the season, so the potential to get through a regional is clearly there. As a team, Coastal is hitting .309/.418/.506 with 87 home runs, and it got a relatively favorable draw in going to Atlanta to face off with Auburn and potentially Georgia Tech. Those are two teams whose pitching staffs have been compromised due to injury, which could creative a very offense-minded regional, and that plays into Coastal’s hand. The Chanticleers are also hot, having won five straight games to win the Sun Belt Tournament.

I mean CC did win the championship in 2016.CC had a rough regular season by their standards, but that all goes out the window in the post season.

Teams will be able to get a few runs off of us so we will have to rely on the offense. With CC having a good offense, I see us winning in a high scoring game. 10-6.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I like Florida A&M's mascot. Much more fearsome than a tree or castrated turkey.

As to our opponents, of course we are facing someone dangerous. That's why they are 2 & 3 seeds. Need to win the first two to cover for our lack of starting pitching depth. I'd still start English in any elimination game if he is the best choice, not Roedig.

Still no word on X? {rhetorical} I'd expect to see him in game 3 if we are going to see him. And not hear good news until then. Bad news travels fast and could hear bad news before that.

There are a lot of informed people on this board who talk to a lot of parents of players. Seems like there is always word before it happens that comes out of the locker room via those channels. Not hearing it on "X". Either somehow someone has figured out how to shut off the talk out of the locker room, or no news is good news?

I mean CC did win the championship in 2016.CC had a rough regular season by their standards, but that all goes out the window in the post season.

Teams will be able to get a few runs off of us so we will have to rely on the offense. With CC having a good offense, I see us winning in a high scoring game. 10-6.

If CC defeats Auburn on Friday, I like our chances against them with CT on the mound.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited and happy for the team. I hope our bats get hot again and, with solid pitching, carry us to Omaha! Go Jackets!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
Are we the "home" team in all games we play?

No - first round higher seed is home, second or third rounds are based on which team has been home team fewer than the opponent. There are tie breakers, even coin flips sometimes, to determine home team if they are tied.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No - first round higher seed is home, second or third rounds are based on which team has been home team fewer than the opponent. There are tie breakers, even coin flips sometimes, to determine home team if they are tied.
All correct, BUT GT will occupy the 3rd base dugout for any game we play

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
That's what I'm thinking.
That is probably what CDH will go with, but I would consider throwing Gibson/Hughes, similar to what we did in the ACC tourney on Friday. I think our bats will pound FAMU pitching and we may be able to save X & Willingham for Sunday and have Roedig in the wings.

On another note, what happened to Will Shirah? I know he took a medical RS last year .... was it for TJ? Is he still slowly working his way back? He only pitched 5 innings this year. At one time I thought we were really high on him?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That is probably what CDH will go with, but I would consider throwing Gibson/Hughes, similar to what we did in the ACC tourney on Friday. I think our bats will pound FAMU pitching and we may be able to save X & Willingham for Sunday and have Roedig in the wings.

You make way too much sense. D hall will likely NOT change what he has been doing and we'll see Willingham on Friday, even though I completely agree your suggestion makes WAY more sense.