2019 ALL ACC FOOTBALL TEAM

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Would like to get anyone's opinion on if Tech will have any players make the 2019 All ACC team-
My favorite recent seasons produced:

2008 - 7 (4 1st team, 3 2nd team)
2009-7 (6 1st team, 1 2nd team)
2014 - 4 (4 2nd team, 3 3rd team)
2016 - 1(1 3rd team)

Last year there were 2 (1 second team, 1 3rd team)

Looking at player stat rankings alone I do not see anyone that stands out. Mason would probably be closest on offense and Tre Swilling on defense -does not look as if Harvin would make it based on ACC stats.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Swilling 2nd team. DTB if they have a freshman team. Curry Mason Harvin if there are honorable mentions

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Man you’re harsh. Mason would not surprise me at all. In fact, he should probably be 1st team.

Ahmarean Brown could sneak in there. Dude’s averaging damn near 20 yds/catch and a TD every 3 times he’s thrown the ball.
Not harsh, just real. I thought about Brown but he's not even top 20 in ACC in receiving yards.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Defoor doesn't get enough credit around here and Curry gets too much blame, IMO. Congrats to all.
Disagree. I do hope that Curry finally having multiple years in the same defense will allow him to play faster and be in the right position more often next year. He had one awesome game this season, but the rest he was rarely where he needed to be and constantly taking himself out of the play.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Disagree. I do hope that Curry finally having multiple years in the same defense will allow him to play faster and be in the right position more often next year. He had one awesome game this season, but the rest he was rarely where he needed to be and constantly taking himself out of the play.

He doesn’t look fluid to me. It may be how he bulked up this offseason but he never looked good getting sideline to sideline.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Hmmm Presley 1st team, Mason 2nd team? Sound fair?
This exercise made me realize just how depleted we are and what the coaches are working with. Give Collins more patience and time.

Deleted member 2897

Well we didn’t draw a goose egg!!!!! Congrats Jordan.

Yup. Jordan Mason, Jack DeFoor, David Curry, Tre Swilling. The PFF all conference also included folks like Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter.

Ironically enough, Pressley Harvin averaged 110 yards/game last year with a 41.3 per punt average and won awards. This year he averaged 300 yards/game with a 44.8 per punt average and got no awards.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Ironically enough, Pressley Harvin averaged 110 yards/game last year with a 41.3 per punt average and won awards. This year he averaged 300 yards/game with a 44.8 per punt average and got no awards.

Last year we didn't punt enough and I'm guessing this year we punted too much.

Deleted member 2897

Last year we didn't punt enough and I'm guessing this year we punted too much.

Pressley Harvin was 2nd team ACC last year. This year he had substantially better stats and didn't even make honorable mention.