2018 Season to Date

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
And I have never seen more bi***ing, whining and moaning from a fan base than I'm seeing from Tech's fan base after one game. From supposed shortcomings on and off the field. some of you need to reevaluate where you stand. Griping about uniform numbers, what is gold, start times, lack of QB play, lack of WR play, lack of O line play on and on and on and on. JFC the team is 1-0 and all some of you can do is b**ch. If I were looking for a team to cheer for and I logged in here and saw the comments for Tech "fans" I would be so turned off that I would keep looking. Some of you are effing unbelievable!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
And you forgot to add bi***ing about fans to your list.

Just call'em as I see/read/hear them. BTW I stand by my team, good or bad, I don't dog them after a 41 point. shutout win. Don't care who the competition is. And no, I'm not looking through gold tinted glasses, as long as I've been a fan I have seen what my team is. I may dog the coaches, the ref, the tv announcers, the dog or whomever else but I stand by the team I chose to root for and support 50 plus years ago. I have no issue calling out so called "fans" who never strapped on the pads beyond youth football in their lives.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Just call'em as I see/read/hear them. BTW I stand by my team, good or bad, I don't dog them after a 41 point. shutout win. Don't care who the competition is. And no, I'm not looking through gold tinted glasses, as long as I've been a fan I have seen what my team is. I may dog the coaches, the ref, the tv announcers, the dog or whomever else but I stand by the team I chose to root for and support 50 plus years ago. I have no issue calling out so called "fans" who never strapped on the pads beyond youth football in their lives.

Congrats. You're the better fan I guess. Thanks for letting everyone else know exactly how to be a fan.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I read on here that Johnson said if we played like that on offense all year, we wouldn't win another game. When did he say that? I rewatched today and in the postgame interview, he said that the offense basically had 4 turnovers and if they did that all year then we wouldn't win another game. I don't think that he was pleased with the offense, but I also don't think that he was as mad with the execution as some people think.

Anyways, I still believe that we are an 8-4 or 9-3 team this year after watching the defense yesterday. It just amazes me how some fans want absolute perfection in the first game of the season. The team hasn't played a game in 8 months. Everybody was a little rusty, but we still won 41-0 and like OJF, I don't care who the competition was because any win is a good win and any shutout is a damn good win.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So tell me, specifically what part of OJF’s post do you disagree with or feel is off base?

The entire thing. The self righteousness to feel the need to tell others they need to re-evaluate where they stand. To act like those who never played football shouldn't have a say, ironic considering our head coach never played college football. The bull**** about calling others "fans" as if they aren't actual fans just because they weren't pleased with a game that was filled with miscues and sloppy play coming off the year we had last year.

Jmonty71

Banned
And I have never seen more bi***ing, whining and moaning from a fan base than I'm seeing from Tech's fan base after one game. From supposed shortcomings on and off the field. some of you need to reevaluate where you stand. Griping about uniform numbers, what is gold, start times, lack of QB play, lack of WR play, lack of O line play on and on and on and on. JFC the team is 1-0 and all some of you can do is b**ch. If I were looking for a team to cheer for and I logged in here and saw the comments for Tech "fans" I would be so turned off that I would keep looking. Some of you are effing unbelievable!
We shut another team out and held them under 150 yards... I have 0 complaints. I am VERY happy.

The entire thing. The self righteousness to feel the need to tell others they need to re-evaluate where they stand. To act like those who never played football shouldn't have a say, ironic considering our head coach never played college football. The bull**** about calling others "fans" as if they aren't actual fans just because they weren't pleased with a game that was filled with miscues and sloppy play coming off the year we had last year.
I never played football at any level, and the sometimes sloppy play didn't bother me in the least. It was the first game against an opponent we knew we could easily beat. Real fans realize that there is no way everything could be perfect. At least we didn't play as bad as Miami (number 8 in the country, mind you) is playing tonight. In fact they are playing more like Alcorn State than Alcorn State actually did.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
This is not a jonestown gathering. We can and should be honest with each other. The "criticals" on this board, myself included, are harping on the thing that makes this team what it is - a team that can upset anyone. The offense isn't at that level right now - and after all of the glowing camp reports - we were disappointed. We can certainly still go undefeated - but we made some sloppy plays on saturday - and no one should be confident in an orange bowl run at this point. If we can progress past the major issues that we've identified so far - we can be a great team. I want to see a team that can beat Clemson - that's my #1 goal. I haven't seen it yet. When I see it - and I'm not saying this team can't - I will be dripping praise.

Have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
This is not a jonestown gathering. We can and should be honest with each other. The "criticals" on this board, myself included, are harping on the thing that makes this team what it is - a team that can upset anyone. The offense isn't at that level right now - and after all of the glowing camp reports - we were disappointed. We can certainly still go undefeated - but we made some sloppy plays on saturday - and no one should be confident in an orange bowl run at this point. If we can progress past the major issues that we've identified so far - we can be a great team. I want to see a team that can beat Clemson - that's my #1 goal. I haven't seen it yet. When I see it - and I'm not saying this team can't - I will be dripping praise.

Have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

How you become the "enemy"? You flatter yourself but if you want a clue go back and read your post above and your posts since Saturday. Your focus has been solely on how "bad" TM and the team played. You have tore down the starting QB and trashed those around him. Guess what, that doesn't set well with folks. No one is selling the team is clicking on all cylinders and running at a 100% level but like I said to you before the sky ain't falling. PJ has said on more than one occasion that TQM can make all the throws and he has shown he can. Did he have a great throwing day Saturday? No but he had a lot better day that a lot of other QBs. You need to learn to be critical without coming across as an a**hole. In my career I had to evaluate staff critically and did my best to do it honestly and without bias, when you learn to do that you'll look back and see that what you think is you being objective is you trying to show how smart you are. When you come across as thinking you know more than the coaches who live and die with every decision it tends to annoy folks.

Deleted member 2897

Thank you OJF. While we don’t need to get into a pecker measuring contest, this is college football and these guys go to Tech. We’re not talking about a bunch of guys who were marginal high school graduates who picked the easy road where they can play video games all day and go down kiddie slides. We know the rigor of Tech. These guys have no place to hide. We should be fans of the team first, and to me that means being fans of the guys. Whether we win 0 games, 4, or 10 we show up and cheer loudly. We study the roster so when we see them at Yellow Jacket Alley without numbers we can still call many of them by name. We cheer for them no matter what. We don’t over analyze every little piece of every play. We don’t complain if a bottle of water is $4 and we know how to build a water factory and it should only cost $3.

This is not a personal attack against anybody. Just please have a coffee, think quietly about if one of these SAs or their parents ran into you on the street and new your posting history - would you be proud? Embarrassed? Would they want to invite you to lunch with them? Or ?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Really hard to tell much of anything but definitely didn't look like we went deep into the playbook or anything. Looked more like CPJ wanted a live practice on the basics and things did get sloppy. Also seemed a tad boring and no one showed too much emotion so we could be better playing a better team with some adrenaline flowing.

Even if we are sloppy some, from what I've seen from a lot of teams is the same thing I've seen the past 2-3 years across all of college football. There is a ton of bad football being played. I was amazed last night watching the RT for LSU miss his assignment every other play and they still spanked Miami.