2018 Bowl Attendance Thread ....

GTFLETCH

Banned
Tracking attendance of all bowls as the info comes in. I will be modifying this post with that information.

If anyone gets info I don't have, please post it. Also, this POST will just include the attendance number. If you have info on how this year's attendance compares to last year's, etc. that's great info to add to the thread.

Don't whine to me about what you saw on TV (heck, I didn't see 10 people at the Cure Bowl) these are the official figures, I'm just the messenger:

Peach Bowl NY6 ............... 74,006

Cotton Bowl CFP .............. 72,183

Orange Bowl CFP ............. 66,203

Alamo Bowl ..................... 60,675

Music City Bowl ............... 59,024

Texas Bowl ....................... 51,104

Belk Bowl ........................ 48,263

Armed Forces Bowl ............ 44,738

Camping World Bowl .......... 41,125

Pinstripe Bowl .................... 37,821

Las Vegas Bowl ................. 37,146

Cheez-It Bowl ..................... 33,121

Arizona Bowl .......................... 32,368

Dollar General Bowl .................... 31,818

Celebration Bowl (FCS/HBCU) ..... 31,672

Hawai'i Bowl .......................... 30,911

Independence Bowl .............. 27,492

Quick Lane Bowl .................... 27,228

Birmingham Bowl ................ 25,717

New Mexico Bowl ............... 25,387

New Orleans Bowl .............. 23,942

Boca Raton Bowl ................ 22,614

Cure Bowl ......................... 19,066

Camelia Bowl .................... 17,710

SERVPRO Bowl .................. 16,400

Gasparilla Bowl ................. 14,135

Frisco Bowl ........................ 11,029

Link
https://www.newsday.com/sports/coll...tball-bowl-game-attendance-2018-18-1.24180893

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Tracking attendance of all bowls as the info comes in. I will be modifying this post with that information.

If anyone gets info I don't have, please post it. Also, this POST will just include the attendance number. If you have info on how this year's attendance compares to last year's, etc. that's great info to add to the thread.

Don't whine to me about what you saw on TV (heck, I didn't see 10 people at the Cure Bowl) these are the official figures, I'm just the messenger:

Peach Bowl NY6 ............... 74,006

Cotton Bowl CFP .............. 72,183

Orange Bowl CFP ............. 66,203

Alamo Bowl ..................... 60,675

Music City Bowl ............... 59,024

Texas Bowl ....................... 51,104

Belk Bowl ........................ 48,263

Armed Forces Bowl ............ 44,738

Camping World Bowl .......... 41,125

Pinstripe Bowl .................... 37,821

Las Vegas Bowl ................. 37,146

Cheez-It Bowl ..................... 33,121

Arizona Bowl .......................... 32,368

Dollar General Bowl .................... 31,818

Celebration Bowl (FCS/HBCU) ..... 31,672

Hawai'i Bowl .......................... 30,911

Independence Bowl .............. 27,492

Quick Lane Bowl .................... 27,228

Birmingham Bowl ................ 25,717

New Mexico Bowl ............... 25,387

New Orleans Bowl .............. 23,942

Boca Raton Bowl ................ 22,614

Cure Bowl ......................... 19,066

Camelia Bowl .................... 17,710

SERVPRO Bowl .................. 16,400

Gasparilla Bowl ................. 14,135

Frisco Bowl ........................ 11,029

Link
https://www.newsday.com/sports/coll...tball-bowl-game-attendance-2018-18-1.24180893
The Bahamas Bowl has 400-500 people in attendance

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could played in the Birmingham Bowl this year. I think we would have brought a good amount of fans. Playing in the Quick Loss Bowl on the day after Christmas was tough. Thanks to our fans that went there.
I'd have liked GT to have played in the Bahamas Bowl,myself;) You can't beat December 21st in Nassau,Bahamas with 82 degree temperatures:):cool::D:smuggrin:

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
I went to peach bowl yesterday that was well attended by FL and MI fans alike. In the FL celebration post game (many FL fans still in attendance), each player and coach thanked the Gator fans for support, attendance, etc. It stuck me as a collective between player, coaches, families, fans. I never get that from GT. I think we need more Media training for players and ASK people to come to games and create more GT community vibe.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
IMO the Quick Lane Bowl could really benefit moving to the 27th or later if possible. Especially if it’s goung to continue to have an ACC tie in. Ford Field is a great venue and Detroit has quite a bit to do near the stadium.

I was very pleasantly surprised at my entire experience in Detroit! If the game wad moved to later in the month I could see it drawing some very good crowds, the 26th is just not a great date for most folks.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I was very pleasantly surprised at my entire experience in Detroit! If the game wad moved to later in the month I could see it drawing some very good crowds, the 26th is just not a great date for most folks.
I was shocked at how many fans, especially Tech fans, made it! Regardless of who’s playing, no Bowl should be the day of or after Christmas!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We ( arrived later than 3pm start) had a group of 5 ( three adults , two children) who were denied entry into the Firebird tavern for the GT event due to crowding.
We explained to the manager that there was more than enough room upstairs. In all honesty the door man was doing his job but really did t seem interested in going up or sending someone upstairs to check. I’d say there was room for another 50+ upstairs. Standing room only but still.
That said, it was a well put together event and a great location.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
IMO the Quick Lane Bowl could really benefit moving to the 27th or later if possible. Especially if it’s goung to continue to have an ACC tie in. Ford Field is a great venue and Detroit has quite a bit to do near the stadium.

Maybe they should move it to mid-May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe they should move it to mid-May.

I know you are joking but I think it could be a good idea to play “bowl” games as the first game of the next season. The games would mean something and create unique matchups.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I know you are joking but I think it could be a good idea to play “bowl” games as the first game of the next season. The games would mean something and create unique matchups.

Yes, I was saying that in reference to the December weather in Detroit — even though the game itself is indoors — but I agree with you. Sort of like the Peach Bowl’s kickoff game (or whatever they call it).

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow

Supersize and OldJacket and anyone else who went...how well do you think Minnesota traveled? We have the reputation of not traveling well to bowl games.

Glad you had decent company even with the outcome. Really hard to gauge on TV and haven't really seen it discussed up here.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Supersize and OldJacket and anyone else who went...how well do you think Minnesota traveled? We have the reputation of not traveling well to bowl games.

Glad you had decent company even with the outcome. Really hard to gauge on TV and haven't really seen it discussed up here.

Looking across the field from where I was sitting it looked as if MN folks filled the lower section of Ford Field similar to what the Tech sections looked like