2017 will be real similar to 2014.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I don't wanna get to far ahead but I thought about something last night that really intrigued me.
Our defensive backfield in 2017 will be almost exactly the the same as 2014.
2014 - QB : RS SOPH Justin Thomas
2017 - QB : RS SOPH TaQuan Marshall
2014 - ABacks All Were a Junior or higher.
(Zenon, Perkins, Hill, Andrews, Snoddy)
2017 - Abacks
(Lynch, Green, Searcy,)
2014 - A 1-2 Punch at BBack were either one could start any game.
(Days, Laskey)
2017- Bbacks
(Mills, Marshall)
I know 2017 is pretty far away but with this roster plus the great Recruits we got coming in I'm really excited about the 2017 season.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't wanna get to far ahead but I thought about something last night that really intrigued me.
Our defensive backfield in 2017 will be almost exactly the the same as 2014.
2014 - QB : RS SOPH Justin Thomas
2017 - QB : RS SOPH TaQuan Marshall
2014 - ABacks All Were a Junior or higher.
(Zenon, Perkins, Hill, Andrews, Snoddy)
2017 - Abacks
(Lynch, Green, Searcy,)
2014 - A 1-2 Punch at BBack were either one could start any game.
(Days, Laskey)
2017- Bbacks
(Mills, Marshall)
I know 2017 is pretty far away but with this roster plus the great Recruits we got coming in I'm really excited about the 2017 season.

Who knows on the QB situation. Don't rule out MJ getting his shot, and we have two very talented freshmen.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I think you mean our offensive backfield. And I doubt TaQuon Marshall is going to beat out Matthew Jordan, who should see the field a lot this year

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think you mean our offensive backfield. And I doubt TaQuon Marshall is going to beat out Matthew Jordan, who should see the field a lot this year

This. JT was getting snaps in 2013. MJ is getting snaps in 2015 and 2016. Also I think Lucas is legit and may even challenge for snaps next year.

Also, I'm not sure that this year won't be better than 2014 and don't want to go backwards next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope we are really good in 17/18 as it seems we have been getting larger faster recruits.
I think ee need to open up the qb position in 17 & select the guy that can pass.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think ee need to open up the qb position in 17 & select the guy that can pass.

This.

We're well past the days of a one dimensional QB who chucks it in the air and hopes our freak WR comes down with it. Imagine what kind of trouble we would have been in against BC had JeT just chucked it up and not played within our passing concepts. JeT made some fantastic throws because he's a good passer as well as good at running our option. I don't miss the days of Nesbitt heaving it downfield and hoping Demaryius or one of our undersized ABs comes down with it...or watching the ball sail beyond anyone's reach.

If you really want to see Defenses sell out against our run, just insert a QB who's a terrible passer and watch even more defenders crowd the box. This offense at the P5 level needs a QB that's a legitimate passer. Taquan is a terrific athlete, and he can probably be just as good as JeT running our ground game, but he's not a very good passer from what I've seen of his HS tape and last spring game. One thing I hear over and over again from QB coaches and offensive coordinators on all levels is you can teach a QB to read defenses, help them improve arm strength, and even anticipate throwing windows...but you can't teach a QB accuracy during a live play. It can be improved somewhat, but consistent accuracy is innate.

I think MJ is our QB in 2017, and either Lucas Johnson or a recruit we haven't even signed yet is our QB in 2018.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
This is not the right attitude for message boards. Don't you know our speculation is a VERY important part of how the staff projects our future team? Thanks for pooping on our fun.
Sorry. I forgot we are supposed to pick out which players are going to be cfb hall of famers right now :D

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What is wrong with this year .

This year so far, here's the answer from the first game, we will get better but so will our opponents.
From post practice audio today. He is not pleased with the performance.

"we didn't play like we did in camp... I(CPJ) was excited to watch us play, [but] we reverted right back to a year ago..."

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/a/1/c/a1c...73114904&hwt=871b4707e569827155caa697b955afe7

Also look at the depth chart, we are some what young and will only lose 6 starters on O and D.