2017 vs Tenn.

The renewal of what was historically one of the best series in Southern football history. The story lines of Dodd's Tennessee heritage overlaid on really good football. I had the pleasure of being in attendance at two great ones... Very young, in 1960, Billy Williamson returned a punt to win it 14-7. He ran it straight at me in the north stands tippy-toeing the sideline for about 50 yards. He was extremely fast for that era. Then in 1966 we won 6-3. Went on to be 9-0 before losing back to back against Georgia and Spurrier and Ray Graves at Florida.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the 6-6 tie game in Knoxville in the 80's. Roof had like 20 tackles. Great game that we should have won. I was in the nosebleeds, way way up! This will be an instant sellout.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
UT doesn't have a problem selling 102K seats in their home stadium even when they are horrible, and I have to believe they won't continue to be horrible for the next 3 years. Not to mention there are quite a few GT-UT fans. I would expect not only a sellout but resale value on tickets to triple or quadruple in price.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Love it. Auburn/GT would have been a great game as well. GT versus most SEC teams due to our old affiliation with the SEC would draw a great crowd.

Really wish we could get an SEC home/home every season...kinda rotate in each SEC team every 2 years.

Animal02

Banned
Love it. Auburn/GT would have been a great game as well. GT versus most SEC teams due to our old affiliation with the SEC would draw a great crowd.

Really wish we could get an SEC home/home every season...kinda rotate in each SEC team every 2 years.

We already have a home and home with the SEC ;)
I would like to see a Big Ten / ACC challenge in Football the way they do in basketball. You would know which year you have home games, but the match up would be done at the end of the previous season matching teams of equal strength.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck

In the past 10 years we have played Auburn, Vandy, Miss State...we used to do it. I would love to get SC to Bobby Dodd too.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We already have a home and home with the SEC ;)
I would like to see a Big Ten / ACC challenge in Football the way they do in basketball. You would know which year you have home games, but the match up would be done at the end of the previous season matching teams of equal strength.

Yeah...should have said "besides UGA".

I think a lot of our attendance problems could be solved with Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, USCe, UF on the schedule. I know we scheduled 'Bama and they backed out (or so that's the story being floated), and we also scheduled Ole Miss and that was put off until later this decade, but a helping of an SEC team along with UGA on our schedule would make those season tickets a much more attractive package.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My SEC preferences in order (not including the mutts)...Aubie, Tenn, Bama, Ole Miss, Fl, USCe, LSU, Miss St. Don't care much about the rest.

Animal02

Banned
Yeah...should have said "besides UGA".

I think a lot of our attendance problems could be solved with Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, USCe, UF on the schedule. I know we scheduled 'Bama and they backed out (or so that's the story being floated), and we also scheduled Ole Miss and that was put off until later this decade, but a helping of an SEC team along with UGA on our schedule would make those season tickets a much more attractive package.

The problem with play more SEC teams is it does not give Tech any more national exposure......and Tech really needs to recruit nationally to be competitive. Playing Big Ten teams would do that...from the east coast out Nebraska.

I really hope that with Tech playing at Pitt , at ND next year, and eventually Syracuse and Louisville, they will take the opportunity to recruit those regions.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The problem with play more SEC teams is it does not give Tech any more national exposure......and Tech really needs to recruit nationally to be competitive. Playing Big Ten teams would do that...from the east coast out Nebraska.

I really hope that with Tech playing at Pitt , at ND next year, and eventually Syracuse and Louisville, they will take the opportunity to recruit those regions.

Plus there are a LOT of Big Ten alumni in Atlanta, so it would naturally sell tickets. I like your challenge idea, though. It would take some working out on the logistics but I think it could work.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Problem with a Big 10 ACC challenge in football every year is it greatly decreases the odds of having an ACC (or Big 10) National champion if you match teams up by strength every year. You can afford to lose a game in basketball much more than you can football.

Animal02

Banned
Problem with a Big 10 ACC challenge in football every year is it greatly decreases the odds of having an ACC (or Big 10) National champion if you match teams up by strength every year. You can afford to lose a game in basketball much more than you can football.

Thee playoff shake out will be interesting......will 1 loss teams playing tough opponents get the nod over undefeated teams that play Nicolls State? If the selection committee starts moving toward the 1 loss tough schedule model........maybe all these FCS games will fall to the lower 50% looking to qualify for a bowl game.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Thee playoff shake out will be interesting......will 1 loss teams playing tough opponents get the nod over undefeated teams that play Nicolls State? If the selection committee starts moving toward the 1 loss tough schedule model........maybe all these FCS games will fall to the lower 50% looking to qualify for a bowl game.

I was thinking a similar thing. This may begin to change as we move into the playoff era. Four teams have a shot at a NC instead of just two. Strength of schedule is considered by the selection committee. We are seeing fewer and fewer seasons with more than 1 undefeated team (if any).

It makes me wonder if teams will schedule more challenging matchups and not worry so much about going undefeated when you see 1 loss and potentially 2 loss teams in the playoffs. I don't think cupcake games will disappear completely, but there might be fewer of them.