2017 Spring Practice

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some good stuff in here
Sugiura: 5 things to know from the Georgia Tech secondary in spring practice
Positioning himself to play

Redshirt freshman Ajani Kerr is the No. 4 corner behind Lawrence Austin, Durham and Simmons.

“Ajani’s coming along nicely, continues to compete hard,” cornerbacks coach Joe Speed said. “He’ll stick his nose in there.”

Simmons complimented him for the progress he’s made thus far.

“He redshirted last year but this spring he’s been working pretty hard,” Simmons said. “I can see the growth. It’s shocking to me, but I like it.”

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I was very high on Kerr after watching his highlights. Very good corner, and we look pretty stacked in the secondary for the next several years. Askew, Bonds, Swilling, Carpenter, and Oliver (if he doesn't move to LB, which I hope he does) is a pretty solid group of guys. We just need to get some studs on the DL and we will have one of the best defenses we've had on the Flats in a long time.

Last edited:
I was very high on Kerr after watching his highlights. Very good corner, and we looked pretty stacked in the secondary for the next several years. Askew, Bonds, Swilling, Carpenter, and Oliver (if he doesn't move to LB, which I hope he does) is a pretty solid group of guys. We just need to get some studs on the DL and we will have one of the best defenses we've had on the Flats in a long time.
Talent-wise, yes, but can/will they execute?