2017 OL

GTFLETCH

Banned
With the announcement of Conner Hanson playing Guard I could see our Line being....

T - Lee SO / Brad RS SO
G - Braun SO / Hanson FR
C - Cooper SO / Marshall
G - DeVine RS SR/ Hanson FR
T - Bryan JR /Scott RS SO

Just like this year where Devine eventually was spelled by Braun...Hanson may spell Devine

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
With the announcement of Conner Hanson playing Guard I could see our Line being....

T - Lee SO / Brad RS SO
G - Braun SO / Hanson FR
C - Cooper SO / Marshall

Just like this year where Devine eventually was spelled by Braun...Hanson may spell Devine
Marshall will stay at Tackle, Will is staying at Guard.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

T - Lee SO / Brad RS SO
G - Braun SO / Hanson FR
C - Cooper SO / Marshall

please dear Lord, let this group of youngsters stay together with no early graduation/transfers/etc. IMO, this group has the potential to be as good as the OL on Ross's NC team, which is the standard for GT OL's in my lifetime (fan since the mid 70's). And that group totally dominated the line of scrimmage. This group just needs to stay healthy, continue to develop and stay at Tech. I believe the talent is there.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Who's gonna be our backup center?
I think one of the Morgans is going to get a lot of reps at center this spring. Both are physical and athletic. I believe Lagod will get reps also. I don't know much about him, but am hearing that he has a chance to contribute. Remember there are a lot of young OL on our team. We have some that have been in the weight room for a couple of years now who are ready. Most schools don't have many OL who really contribute until their RS Soph year. I believe we are in good shape across the OL.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think one of the Morgans is going to get a lot of reps at center this spring. Both are physical and athletic. I believe Lagod will get reps also. I don't know much about him, but am hearing that he has a chance to contribute. Remember there are a lot of young OL on our team. We have some that have been in the weight room for a couple of years now who are ready. Most schools don't have many OL who really contribute until their RS Soph year. .
Good News. :)

slugboy

Staff member
I still don't get the whole Devine thing.
With our OL technique of staying low, I'd like to see him at DT/NG because I think he might move over easily. (I know--unrealistic; you can't just move OL to DL; violent hands; lots of reasons. Falcons did it with their backup center, so let me daydream OK?)