2017 Coaching Carousel

Cam

Helluva Engineer
He would be a good hire for Kansas if they fire their head coach or UTEP
I think he'd be a good hire for GT, honestly. His offensive system isn't wildly different than ours and he's a young guy. Would be a good transition. Though, for the record, I'm not advocating for CPJ to get fired. I just think he's a great dark horse candidate for any school. The guy went to the national championship twice in 5 years, once as an OC and once as a HC. That's got to count for something.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think he'd be a good hire for GT, honestly. His offensive system isn't wildly different than ours and he's a young guy. Would be a good transition. Though, for the record, I'm not advocating for CPJ to get fired. I just think he's a great dark horse candidate for any school. The guy went to the national championship twice in 5 years, once as an OC and once as a HC. That's got to count for something.
He would be an interesting hire for GT. Another good hire for GT would be Bill Clark the head coach of UAB.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I continue to believe that Tennessee's top 3 coaching candidates should be Bo Pelini, Greg Schiano, and Bobby Petrino. The fact that none of these 3 are even being considered is astounding to me
Bump. I knew it from the beginning. Schiano was the perfect guy. But Tennessee's fanbase is so toxic and delusional they just ran off the only coach they could realistically get that would be an upgrade over Butch Jones. Vol fans get whatever they deserve from now on. Here's what happened:

Tennessee leaks that Greg Schiano is tipped to become the next head coach at TN (bad move, don't leak anything anymore). Then Tennessee fans get all upset because they wanted Jon Gruden (who they will never get, and they should get over that), and disguise the fact that they think that Schiano isn't good enough with a deluded sense of moralism. In simple terms, for some unknown reason they think that they deserve better than a coach that (a) made RUTGERS (!!!) relevant, (b) is one of the best defensive minds in all of college football, and (c) has ringing endorsements from Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick, and so they came up with a completely untrue excuse to block the deal, citing "their morals", which is ludicrous because they'd hire anyone who they think would win the SEC, no matter how immoral the character

Basically, Tennessee fans are so dumb and know so little about college football outside of the SEC that they tanked their best shot at winning an SEC title. And now, there is no respectable or proven coach that would even touch this job, so they basically torpedoed their future as well. And because the fans are so delusional, they'll blame this on John Currie instead of their own incompetence and inability to look outside the box to try and win the conference. They're so deluded that they even want LANE KIFFIN now (reminder: Kiffin left Tennessee at the first available opportunity to take a different job after going 7-6 in Knoxville, and was so bad at his next job he was literally fired on the tarmac at an airport)

I feel no remorse for any Tennessee fan. They will continue to wander the coaching landscape, diving further and further into mediocrity and irrelevance, and they have nobody to blame for it but themselves. The only person I feel bad for is John Currie, who is trying his best to do his job but is handicapped by idiotic fans who can't see a good thing when it happens. I would say I feel bad for Schiano, but I think he actually dodged a bullet and will get the head coaching job elsewhere and do wonderfully since he hasn't ever failed at the college level and won't have to deal with delusional Vol fans

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
@Yomanser nailed it. There is no reasonable coach for them left. You have a hypocritical, POS, douche Clay Travis who basically started all this. Didn't like the hire because he's so far up John Gruden's *** along with a bunch of other delusional Tennessee fans who think they can nab any coach they want because they are a Top 5 program that they played the Penn State card knowing a bunch of Tennessee Sheep Fans would eat it up and they did.

Mind you that this is the same Clay Travis who for years talks about how we should never let mob rule control society and decision makers. Dude embodies everything about the media he claims to be against.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Bump. I knew it from the beginning. Schiano was the perfect guy. But Tennessee's fanbase is so toxic and delusional they just ran off the only coach they could realistically get that would be an upgrade over Butch Jones. Vol fans get whatever they deserve from now on. Here's what happened:

Tennessee leaks that Greg Schiano is tipped to become the next head coach at TN (bad move, don't leak anything anymore). Then Tennessee fans get all upset because they wanted Jon Gruden (who they will never get, and they should get over that), and disguise the fact that they think that Schiano isn't good enough with a deluded sense of moralism. In simple terms, for some unknown reason they think that they deserve better than a coach that (a) made RUTGERS (!!!) relevant, (b) is one of the best defensive minds in all of college football, and (c) has ringing endorsements from Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick, and so they came up with a completely untrue excuse to block the deal, citing "their morals", which is ludicrous because they'd hire anyone who they think would win the SEC, no matter how immoral the character

Basically, Tennessee fans are so dumb and know so little about college football outside of the SEC that they tanked their best shot at winning an SEC title. And now, there is no respectable or proven coach that would even touch this job, so they basically torpedoed their future as well. And because the fans are so delusional, they'll blame this on John Currie instead of their own incompetence and inability to look outside the box to try and win the conference. They're so deluded that they even want LANE KIFFIN now (reminder: Kiffin left Tennessee at the first available opportunity to take a different job after going 7-6 in Knoxville, and was so bad at his next job he was literally fired on the tarmac at an airport)

I feel no remorse for any Tennessee fan. They will continue to wander the coaching landscape, diving further and further into mediocrity and irrelevance, and they have nobody to blame for it but themselves. The only person I feel bad for is John Currie, who is trying his best to do his job but is handicapped by idiotic fans who can't see a good thing when it happens. I would say I feel bad for Schiano, but I think he actually dodged a bullet and will get the head coaching job elsewhere and do wonderfully since he hasn't ever failed at the college level and won't have to deal with delusional Vol fans
Remember the 2012 Sun Bowl? Kiffin's USC team blew off the traditional dinner, getting there so late Johnson had already hauled his Tech players back to the hotel. Then his players proceeded to trash the game and the city, resulting in GT having 47,000 fans at the game they won. I remember Kiffin and his sunglasses on the sideline and I don't think I've ever seen a more disinterested and bored football coach ever. He just flat out did not care. Defies me why they put up with him another four years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Because everyone else in Knoxville is apparently braindead. Schiano would have been a tremendous hire

Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second part.

He's a TREMENDOUS defensive coordinator, but as a head coach he's OK. Give him credit for turning around Rutgers which was a dumpster fire, but really only had 1 "special" year and only finished in the top 25 once in his 11 years. That was in one of the weakest conferences as well...the Big East. He's also a notorious @ssho1e to his players, and does not relate to well to donors and administration...which is kind of a big deal in the South.

Schiano may be a good HC one day, but Tennessee was a bad fit.

EDIT: Let me also add, that Sandusky tie by UT fans is a disgrace. They've got bad juju heading their way for that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I hope Clay Travis gets eviscerated for leading the Vouls charge on this.
just a question, a serious one because I am curious as to the affection for Tennessee: why does any GT fan concern himself a minute about the Tennessee coaching position? As Jonathon Winters would say, Why, why?

Prosushi

Georgia Tech Fan
just a question, a serious one because I am curious as to the affection for Tennessee: why does any GT fan concern himself a minute about the Tennessee coaching position? As Jonathon Winters would say, Why, why?
I live in Tennessee, and grew up here. The team I rooted for before I attended GT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk