2017 Accepted Student Profile

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A profile of who GT accepted i.e., not yet who's chosen to enroll. I'm sure there'll be some stats on SAT scores, etc. coming out shortly as well.

72a2dbb0-2975-48dd-963d-a523b70ab817-original.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

Big games coming up! Good luck to both the identifies as male Basketball Team and the identifies as female Basketball Team! Georgia Tech is 1 of only 8 Division 1 Schools with both types of gender preference teams left in the post season. o_O

Cam

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing is kind of misleading... You can't choose your sex (i.e. male or female). That's based on your biological makeup and whether at the cellular level you have an X and Y chromosome (male) or two X chromosomes (female). But you can choose your gender (i.e. man or woman). That's entirely a social construct and is open for individual interpretation. Sort of a slip-up by whoever designed this graphic, but in the end who cares. The more egregious mistake is that they put #GT21 on here when they know full well not everyone is graduating in 4 years.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Identify as.......

I'm bowing out now.

Well, we could read anything we want in the wording, but GT only knows what the students "identified" as. As far as I know, they don't give chromosome tests to prove gender, or DNA tests to prove race, or background checks to prove prove whether they are first generation college students. I believe the only thing that the school will try to get confirmation of from that graphic is residence in the State of Georgia. All of the rest is what the student "identified" themselves as.

Deleted member 2897

Well, we could read anything we want in the wording, but GT only knows what the students "identified" as. As far as I know, they don't give chromosome tests to prove gender, or DNA tests to prove race, or background checks to prove prove whether they are first generation college students. I believe the only thing that the school will try to get confirmation of from that graphic is residence in the State of Georgia. All of the rest is what the student "identified" themselves as.

My kids will identify as being in-state to wherever they apply.

Deleted member 2897

I guess that would work until the school asked for proof.

They will simply say they honestly believe they are in state.

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but it makes a point about the difference in reality and belief. That's why it's called a disorder.

LibertyTurns

Banned
They will simply say they honestly believe they are in state.

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but it makes a point about the difference in reality and belief. That's why it's called a disorder.
If your kid doesn't get accepted just have him/her identify themselves as a GT student and register for classes. There's no rules with these millennial, you just make up whatever you want whenever you want. Heck while you're at it, just skip all the fuss with going to classes and have them identify themselves as alums. You'd save a lot of money that way and they can go straight to work at the company of their choice in their chosen profession.

Deleted member 2897

If your kid doesn't get accepted just have him/her identify themselves as a GT student and register for classes. There's no rules with these millennial, you just make up whatever you want whenever you want. Heck while you're at it, just skip all the fuss with going to classes and have them identify themselves as alums. You'd save a lot of money that way and they can go straight to work at the company of their choice in their chosen profession.

HA HA HA HA HA! Always one step ahead of me.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing is kind of misleading... You can't choose your sex (i.e. male or female). That's based on your biological makeup and whether at the cellular level you have an X and Y chromosome (male) or two X chromosomes (female). But you can choose your gender (i.e. man or woman). That's entirely a social construct and is open for individual interpretation. Sort of a slip-up by whoever designed this graphic, but in the end who cares. The more egregious mistake is that they put #GT21 on here when they know full well not everyone is graduating in 4 years.

All language use is a social construct. External reality does not come with fixed labels. However, your way of parsing the distinction between male and female on the one hand and between man and woman on the other is not inherent in American English. Most dictionaries that I've seen define man and woman as adult males and females. In other words, the social construction of reality conveyed by English language usage (as revealed in most dictionaries) does not accept your definition of man and woman.

Unfortunately, the political liberals in our country are trying to use Orwell's 1984 as a blueprint for their desired society. They want to stipulate definitions in order to impose their minority morals on the country.

Gender, in its non grammatical use, is often used as a synonym for sex, male or female. However, it can also be used for cultural traits. In this regard, gender is typically, as in grammar, distinguished between masculine and feminine, not man and woman. I don't think there's any controversy over some men being described as feminine or some women as masculine.

Sadly, one you succeed in getting people to believe that the gas expelled naturally by animals which is then used positively by plants is actually a dangerous pollutant, you can probably convince them to believe anything.