2016 All-ACC Preseason Football Team

Cam

Helluva Engineer
GT one of six teams without a member on the preseason All-ACC team. Not that it matters, but I hope we embarrass some voters.

http://www.theacc.com/news/2016-all-acc-preseason-football-team-announced-07-27-2016

Players receiving votes:
RB - Marcus Marshall (1)
Center - Freddie Burden (10)
DE - Keshun Freeman (10)
DT - Patrick Gamble (21)
LB - PJ Davis (9) and Brant Mitchell (1)
Safety - AJ Gray (2)
K - Harrison Butker (16)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I reckon that most think of allACC qb in terms of typical QB position, like comp% etc.

Agreed, but to see UL's QB get a vote, but not one for JeT, after the year he had in 2014 is pretty disappointing. I'm not saying he deserved to be named, but I am surprised he got no votes. Once again, an example of how GT must ALWAYS prove itself, with no benefit of the doubt from season to season. I ain't cryin about it though.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I predict Kaaya will make a strong challenge this year.
Yes he's a very good player and based on NFL draft projections he is who I would have expected to see finish 2nd in the voting. Trubisky is based on only hype and no results and Lamar Jackson is based on Louisville fans trying to claim he's Vick 2.0. Would have loved to see JT get votes but let's face it he had a down year (along with everyone else) and the returning QB of a 3-9 team was never going to get much attention in the preseason. Up to GT and JT to make a name for themselves once things get going.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes he's a very good player and based on NFL draft projections he is who I would have expected to see finish 2nd in the voting. Trubisky is based on only hype and no results and Lamar Jackson is based on Louisville fans trying to claim he's Vick 2.0. Would have loved to see JT get votes but let's face it he had a down year (along with everyone else) and the returning QB of a 3-9 team was never going to get much attention in the preseason. Up to GT and JT to make a name for themselves once things get going.

I watched some of the spring games of both dohU and unc, and Kaaya makes all the throws, laser or touch and always accurate. I wasn't sold on Trubisky being that good.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Of course I would love to win a national championship but how great would it be if he won one with Miami, could you imagine the UGA fans.
"My Karma ran over your dogma."
Not sure why I put that there, just a bumper sticker I saw years ago that cracked me up. Yep, uga fans would be on suicide watch if Miami won the national title. Would almost be worth it.