2016-2017 GT Hoops Schedule

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A few games announced...

The 2 below plus CJP mentioned the 1st game of the year would be on 11/11, if I recall correctly.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here are our ACC pairings (and an oppty for me to post a tweet by Unsilent Josh Pastner Fan... wait wut?)

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Here are our ACC pairings (and an oppty for me to post a tweet by Unsilent Josh Pastner Fan... wait wut?)

I actually talked with him the other day on Twitter. Apparently he went to Arizona with Pastner and is very close with him still, traveling to a lot of the games and hanging out with the team in the locker room. He said "coach is like a brother to me". The photo in his profile picture is a wristband with the statement "Attitude of Gratidue", a motto coach Pastner came up with. He made the wristbands for the team and fans when he was at Memphis and he's already made Georgia Tech ones and sent them to the team.

Seems like a really good guy and someone who's going to be a really big Tech fan.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Forgot this one on 11/29:

So far we've got:
  • 11/11 - TBD home game
  • 11/29 - @ Penn State
  • 12/7 - @ VCU
  • 12/20 - UGA
  • 12/22 - Wofford

We also should have a game at Tennessee, possibly a home game against Tulane (I think there was a return game), plus the above ACC pairings. I believe the Duquesne game was a one-off.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Forgot this one on 11/29:

So far we've got:
  • 11/11 - TBD home game
  • 11/29 - @ Penn State
  • 12/7 - @ VCU
  • 12/20 - UGA
  • 12/22 - Wofford

We also should have a game at Tennessee, possibly a home game against Tulane (I think there was a return game), plus the above ACC pairings. I believe the Duquesne game was a one-off.

Looks like we can definitely add Tulane to the list of opponents. Article in the AJC said we will be playing Tulane on Nov. 26...the SAME day as the UGAG football game. A first, they said (playing UGAG and a hoops game).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks for the update @Ramblingon. So far we've got:
  • 11/11 - TBD home game
  • 11/26 - Tulane
  • 11/29 - @ Penn State
  • 12/3 - @ Tennessee
  • 12/7 - @ VCU
  • 12/20 - UGA
  • 12/22 - Wofford
Gonna be a tough dead week. Also, no idea yet on what we're doing on the exempt tourney front that adds 2-4 games.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They actually posted the full home schedule as part of the ticket renewal website. UGA & Tulane are the best OOC games, but that's fine with me because our road schedule will be tough and I expect a rough season to begin with.

Home opener is Tennessee Tech. Also confirms we're doing our own exempt tourney with us & Ohio U headlining.

http://www.togetherweswarm.com/basketball/schedule.html

Last edited:

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
ouch. Tulane, Alcorn, Ohio, TN Tech, Sam Houston, Southern, Wofford. There's 7 games no one will attend. Anyone want my tickets, let me know. UGA is always fun, even though neither team will be any good this year. ACC schedule is set by the league, so it is what it is. Best games on the slate are UNC, Notre Dame, Louisville and NC State.

I really, really, really hope they start scheduling a few reasonable OOC opponents once CJP has a couple of years to get talent level to a respectable level. No way they will ever sell out the place with the crap schedules they've had the past 7 or 8 years

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
UGA is always fun, even though neither team will be any good this year.

Ah I'm going to go ahead and disagree. UGA has two potential 1st or 2nd team SEC performers in Frazier and Maten, another talented forward in Ogbiede(sp?) and a guard in Jackson no longer buried behind Gaines and Mann. Not to mention 4* Crump.

This could be a thorough whooping this year.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Fully admit I don't follow hoops up in Athens very closely. They've won one NCAA tourney game in last 20 years. As a general rule, they're like most SEC teams not named Kentucky.... They suck pond water. Every now and then they are ok and win 20 games, but it's an anomaly. I think they tolerate hoops as a diversion between the bowl games and the annual arrest and incarceration season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Fully admit I don't follow hoops up in Athens very closely. They've won one NCAA tourney game in last 20 years. As a general rule, they're like most SEC teams not named Kentucky.... They suck pond water. Every now and then they are ok and win 20 games, but it's an anomaly. I think they tolerate hoops as a diversion between the bowl games and the annual arrest and incarceration season.

I get it.

Expect a talent dog pound next season

DAVID F

Georgia Tech Fan
The ajc is wrong tech played Michigan in tip off game before the Uga game in 1985. We lost but I told my brother we would not be beat in both sports in the same day. Gary lee proved me correct. Was at game sat in south end zone.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
R-Wreck just posted the full OOC hoops schedule. Most of what we knew. Unfortunately it's just 29 games with the ACC schedule.

11/05/16 vs. Shorter (exhibition) # McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/11/16 vs. Tennessee Tech McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/18/16 vs. Ohio McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/22/16 vs. Sam Houston State McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/26/16 vs. Tulane McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/29/16 at Penn State (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) Bryce Jordan Center, University Park, Pa. TBA
12/03/16 at Tennessee Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
12/07/16 at VCU Siegel Center, Richmond, Va. TBA
12/18/16 vs. Alcorn State McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
12/20/16 vs. Georgia McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
12/22/16 vs. Wofford McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA
12/28/16 vs. North Carolina A&T McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Ga. TBA