2014 uniforms

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we please kill this thread? Let's all just resolve to pull for the guys in white and gold (whatever hues they end up being). The good guys. Who cares about stripes, bars, slashes, honeycombs, stitched on numerals, etc.? You don't like our uniforms? Punch a UGA fan in the nose. (He probably deserves it, anyway.) Let's cheer for our guys to beat the snot out of the Terriers, Green Wave, Eagles, Hokies, Hurricanes, Blue Devils, Tar Heels, Panthers, Cavaliers, Wolfpack, Tigers, and Bulldogs. I'm proud of my Institution regardless of what the design of our football uniforms are. You should be too. Quit complaining.

I'll quit complaining when you start caring...
:)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
A lot of Tech folks don't care to see us looking like clowns on the football field. I'd say that's a good thing.
Here's where this type of thread gets derailed for me. The demeaning comments like calling our recent uniforms "bubble wrap" because you don't like them over and over start to get old. I'm all for tradition. I love Penn State's uniforms, but we don't have a uniform tradition at Tech. Each era has had very different looks.

Many of the older set talk about Dodd's uniforms, but his uniforms changed too. I actually like the hexagonal pattern on the uniforms. I think it's fresh and innovative. And from what I've heard, the current players and recruits actually like them too. As a metallurgical engineer, the pattern reminds me of a lattice structure, which brings me right back to my Tech days. You may think that's nerdy, but for me, it serves it's purpose [building a visual connection between the team and the school in the fan's mind].

I have no problem with you guys that pine for the throw-backs, but to constantly listen to you all ridicule what we have worn recently saying we look ridiculous should be tempered. I know I can ignore the thread, but I want to contribute my opinion too. I like the "honeycomb" and wouldn't mind seeing it stay. I tend to be even more traditional when it comes to helmets, but I really like the hex pattern on the helmet. To me it doesn't look cheesy or cheap. It looks innovative.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Go big or go home! Its better to win in a flamboyant uni than a boring one.

Well here. This one's for you......

EX000045TheTronGuySm.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-4_11-55-31.jpeg
    upload_2014-8-4_11-55-31.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 9

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Here's where this type of thread gets derailed for me. The demeaning comments like calling our recent uniforms "bubble wrap" because you don't like them over and over start to get old. I'm all for tradition. I love Penn State's uniforms, but we don't have a uniform tradition at Tech. Each era has had very different looks.

Many of the older set talk about Dodd's uniforms, but his uniforms changed too. I actually like the hexagonal pattern on the uniforms. I think it's fresh and innovative. And from what I've heard, the current players and recruits actually like them too. As a metallurgical engineer, the pattern reminds me of a lattice structure, which brings me right back to my Tech days. You may think that's nerdy, but for me, it serves it's purpose [building a visual connection between the team and the school in the fan's mind].

I have no problem with you guys that pine for the throw-backs, but to constantly listen to you all ridicule what we have worn recently saying we look ridiculous should be tempered. I know I can ignore the thread, but I want to contribute my opinion too. I like the "honeycomb" and wouldn't mind seeing it stay. I tend to be even more traditional when it comes to helmets, but I really like the hex pattern on the helmet. To me it doesn't look cheesy or cheap. It looks innovative.
Nobody is trying to demean GT by calling the uni's bubblewrap. That's just what they looked like, especially from a distance. It's really bad graphic design fundamentals. I know, I took graphic design as part of my ID degree at GT, no less. The way they tried to give the 3D look with the reflection is what does it. They would have been much better off going with a 2D representation like they did on the helmets.

bubblewrap.jpg

georgia_tech_honeycomb_numbers.jpg
close up, it's not as bad, but it's still bad. From a distance.... it's bubble wrap.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is trying to demean GT by calling the uni's bubblewrap. That's just what they looked like, especially from a distance. It's really bad graphic design fundamentals. I know, I took graphic design as part of my ID degree at GT, no less. The way they tried to give the 3D look with the reflection is what does it. They would have been much better off going with a 2D representation like they did on the helmets.

bubblewrap.jpg

close up, it's not as bad, but it's still bad. From a distance.... it's bubble wrap.
I didn't mean to imply that you all were demeaning GT, just the uniforms. I fully believe the desire for different uniforms are an interest in elevating GT's image. For the record, I don't like the hex in the numbers. I like the shoulders and helmets. I'm all for solid numbers.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
For the record, I don't like the hex in the numbers. I like the shoulders and helmets. I'm all for solid numbers.

Same here. I loved the helmets, and hope to see more of them. I like the hex on the shoulders, but the numbers just didn't appear right with them. I would like to see more of a bold/higher contrast hex pattern, though.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I actually didn't mind the honeycomb look. The numbers could've looked better IMO. I remember watching the game against VT when we first wore them and my Michigan and Mich State friends with me thought they looked good. I too like the traditional look but no one up here knows anything about our tradition. If we want to generate sidewalk fans this is one of the ways to go about it.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
So if you look at the unis from fan day, they have the new ACC logo on them... Doubt they would stitch that on some re-treads.

Looks like those are our jerseys... Not bad!

Mack

Helluva Engineer

PREACH ON BRUDDA...............THEY ARE BAD !

bubblewrap.jpg

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
So if you look at the unis from fan day, they have the new ACC logo on them... Doubt they would stitch that on some re-treads.

Looks like those are our jerseys... Not bad!
Noticed the same thing. But for whatever reason, I feel like uniforms change every year, and the fact that there are absolutely no changes makes me think the ones at fan day are not the unis this year.

Maybe they have the new ACC logo because we will wear the old unis against Wofford, because nobody wants to break out a new look against an FCS team.
Or, if they were retreads, you wouldn't make Tre Jackson (25) were Robbie Godhigh's (25) old uni, would you? So if the players were just wearing last year's design at Fan Day, they would still have to make new jerseys, so why not put the new ACC logo on it?

1536609_10100764206495979_2128822942_n.jpg

Last year v Ole Miss

georgia_tech_fan_day_2014_0019.jpg

This year Fan day

Last edited by a moderator: