2014 uniforms

Mack

Helluva Engineer
You do know that CPJ doesnt chose right?
Well my friend who DOES choose the unis..............I know that Oregon had the golf coach who does theirs but if a coach cant have the authority to issue game jerseys.....oh well modern well I guess.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I dont believe it was the helmets that turned people off. It was more so the shoulder pattern. It looked like.bubbles while the helmet actually sort of resembled a honeycomb type design.
Bingo. If they did the jersey pattern the same as the helmet, it would have looked a lot better. I'm still not sure I would have liked them, but they would have been better.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Bingo. If they did the jersey pattern the same as the helmet, it would have looked a lot better. I'm still not sure I would have liked them, but they would have been better.
When I saw the released pictures of the helmets I got excited. I was thinking of all the possibilities they could have come up with for the whole shebang. Im also not 1 whos opposed to white helmets so im sure that is a big reason I got excited. I just dont see why everyone would rather be Russells #1 than Nikes #50... Either way it really doesnt matter. I just want our uniforms to look good, for the fans AND the players. Im a big believer in if you look good , you feel good, and you play good.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia_Tech_WR_Calvin_Johnson_AP_-200x267.png

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Actually it still can be the coach who determines.....ask a assoc AD if paul says we should wear x if we will. As of 1.5 years ago this was still the case.

General fan opinion are the uniforms stink based on the fact its the one topic people jump into more than any others kinda hints to it. I think everyone and even many players like the old look. If the AA would heed the call we would probably sell more merchandise too.

If the players like em great. But the uniforms are a program representation first....we can do much better
watching the pro game Sunday and of course.......both teams had Dodd uni marking like most of the NFL....must be popular some where in NFL but many here like the slashes and pin stripping and Maryland look.......to each his own.........

Mack

Helluva Engineer
See where PJ is not in control of what we wear.............who is in charge of what we wear.? See PJ has blue on every game and nobody tells him what to wear...........help out here.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When gol came in he said this is our uni and thats it. Right wrong or indifferent but it was always white jerseys at home when the visitor allowed it which was 95 percent of the time

Chan said the same thing and we moved to wearing alot more gold jerseys and white pants at home

Why cant paul just say this is our uni and thats it. These unis all suck. Flat out suck. Lets just wear what the guys wore to media days and call it a day and move on. And tell russell we will only wear one special uni one game a year etc.

I assume Paul can not because of the contract with Russell. I understand they are allowed a certain amount of input.

As for me, after all the crap the Administration is pulling to hurt our athletic program (and kids from the state of Ga.), I no longer give a damn about the unis. We can use hives, bubbles, swirls, wiggles, red, blue, silver, orange , green, or black as a trim color.

I will go to the games and scream like crazy for our guys. But nothing will change as long as there is no leadership, as long as people keep making excuses after every recruit is lost or game lost, as long as this Hill thing works at odds against GT athletics, as long as the Institute keeps insulting the taxpayers of the state giving them money, and as long as GT people have an elitist attitude to others.

Screw the unis, it is about winning games. If you don't have as a goal to beat the best teams on your schedule, you are lying to people you are selling tickets to and you should drop the sport.

We now have so many bigger problems than the damn unis,

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we please kill this thread? Let's all just resolve to pull for the guys in white and gold (whatever hues they end up being). The good guys. Who cares about stripes, bars, slashes, honeycombs, stitched on numerals, etc.? You don't like our uniforms? Punch a UGA fan in the nose. (He probably deserves it, anyway.) Let's cheer for our guys to beat the snot out of the Terriers, Green Wave, Eagles, Hokies, Hurricanes, Blue Devils, Tar Heels, Panthers, Cavaliers, Wolfpack, Tigers, and Bulldogs. I'm proud of my Institution regardless of what the design of our football uniforms are. You should be too. Quit complaining.