2014 uniforms

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
The complementary color of orange (or even gold) is blue. From a color theory standpoint, navy is a better choice than black. Also, I don't want to look like Vandy.

I have to reject the notion that doing something in the past makes it OK. Is bubble wrap now acceptable for future unis now that it's been tried?

I'd be open to a darker navy though... and NO navy unis.
Just my opinion

Mack

Helluva Engineer
What they sold at the Tech bookstore as the VT throwbacks had blue, not black. I couldn't tell what the uniforms on the field had.
Years ago I got a Marvin Tebbiets jersey and the arm band was a blue not black...of course that was in 59 I think so times have dulled memory but still thought it was so cool to have numbers on the top of shoulders..........bring back the Dodd unis.............

Mack

Helluva Engineer
That is incorrect. We've used both blue and black as the accent colors dating as far back as 100 years ago. Both were used equally as much in Alexander's era. Bobby Dodd liked the black.[/QUOD jDodd used the blue in early fifties.Several shots of Darrel Crawford at qb are in blue..........Dodd said what was hard was getting mustard color away from Coach Alex..

Mack

Helluva Engineer
One thing i did pick up on was the old Dodd uni has a two or three inch color between the rings of gold...............now its just rings but hey beats hell out of chicken wire and slashes and stripes.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Well, you got a point there, but the blue makes me think I am watching UNC.....LOL
UNC is baby blue. IIRC the blue we use is unlike any of our ACC rivals. It more reminds me of ND when we start mixing too much of the Navy color. Im not a huge fan of Navy being a main color of the pants or the jerseys, but I dont mind it being used as an accent color. IMO Gold and White are so similar... we need to have another color seperating them so they dont start to blend together.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
IMO the numbers make the jersey special. The best are large contrasting color numbers with an accent pin stripe around them. The worst are the chicken wire smaller faded out blue you cannot see very well.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well guys sure like white Dodd unis (top wise) when its hot in atlanta............Dodd used a dark blue couple of times in 62 once vs Auburn when Auburn wore white..........why do we have six unis in six years is ridiculous.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Mack...6 in 6 years is ridiculous? Would you rather we had just stuck with the honeycomb pattern then? lol..... The unis this year are EXACTLY what you have been crying for. But I will write the AD and tell him that change is not good and Mack says stick with last years pattern so we can deliver some consistency regarding unis lol.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Mack...6 in 6 years is ridiculous? Would you rather we had just stuck with the honeycomb pattern then? lol..... The unis this year are EXACTLY what you have been crying for. But I will write the AD and tell him that change is not good and Mack says stick with last years pattern so we can deliver some consistency regarding unis lol.
6 in 6 years IS ridiculous. I think Mac will like these that we're hopefully wearing this year, and hopefully we'll stick with them for a while.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
To play devils advocate, some fans like the newer stuff. Players dang sure like the new stuff. Hell...if you don't like the unis this year just wait....they will be different next year and maybe you will like them :p Change aint bad to everyone. My oh my how some people whine about a dang uni. You would think someone just walked into church wearing a cowboy hat and tank top the way some people cry about em. But I get it....Only the people who like a particular style and only that should get what they want. Problem is...there is no such thing a a "traditional" style for GT....and that goes back to the 50's or before.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
To play devils advocate, some fans like the newer stuff. Players dang sure like the new stuff. Hell...if you don't like the unis this year just wait....they will be different next year and maybe you will like them :p Change aint bad to everyone. My oh my how some people whine about a dang uni. You would think someone just walked into church wearing a cowboy hat and tank top the way some people cry about em. But I get it....Only the people who like a particular style and only that should get what they want. Problem is...there is no such thing a a "traditional" style for GT....and that goes back to the 50's or before.
It's bad marketing to change every year. That's my main complaint. I prefer a more simple style but I personally liked the "chicken wire" or "bubble wrap". Especially the helmets, I thought those were really sweet. But changing every year gives people no recognition of who we are on the field. If a sidewalk fan sees a different game every year the jersey may help them remember us if it's the same one they saw us play in last year.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
It's bad marketing to change every year. That's my main complaint. I prefer a more simple style but I personally liked the "chicken wire" or "bubble wrap". Especially the helmets, I thought those were really sweet. But changing every year gives people no recognition of who we are on the field. If a sidewalk fan sees a different game every year the jersey may help them remember us if it's the same one they saw us play in last year.
I also thought those helmets looked good. Its was the bubble wrap on the shoulders that didnt even resemble a honeycomb. It looked cheaply made IMO. I wanted to buy 1 before I saw them up close. Like many posters have said before... Somebody who is a good designer or executor of designs could make some really sweet looking unis... Unfortunately Russell arent the ones to make tht happen. So im all for going with something easier for them to execute correctly.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Made not made myself clear...when you take unis and destroy the school colors which we have done with honeycomb and slashes and stripes and pee yellow tops etc I think you are messing with tradition.Now you need to look at tradition.From 1948-1965 Dodd unis changed only the numbers on the shoulders and once in 65 they wore the white helmets....Even Carson kept the unis one year before he changed the tops and even then the numbers were on the sleeves.Ross used the Dodd white ones as travel and so did Chan so for the time GOL was there and the Carson years the unis have been stable.Now the players..........wonder if Saban lets his players vote on what they will wear or maybe Les Miles or Meyer at OSU etc.the good schools or the more traditional powers have not fooled with unis as much as we have.Now if you as young guy want us to be the Oregon of the South then change is good ...we will let our golf coach pick out the uni of the day but when you mention"Up with the White and Gold" and sing it........wonder if we are singing about one song and then we look on the field and see something else.Compromise is easy.....Atlanta paper ran a survey and about 10000 folks liked tradition so lets use them (Dodd or Ross or GOL with the gold lettering )at home once or twice a season and the fuss should die out...We have been wearing the samew thing for years and why folks want to ham it up now is not acceptable to me..........but its only my take on it.Guess folks forgot couple of years ago Doggies used the Grambling unis and the Red Rover unis.........that went over badly.I am glad the unis this year are traditional so now in my old head I have idea who is on the field when I take a gander.Look my friend I served 38 years in the service and in three different branches and of the Navy and the Army only the Corps kept the tradition..In the Air National Gurad we had five different color combos in six years and that was awful.folks know you by what you wear but again that is just my take on it............HWGA and up with the new unis.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Nope like the unis this year ............if this is what we are going to wear and dont worry about the AD...wrote him several times to no avail.Hell they willl not even tell us how they got the unis design....

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
no more...
oregonunibubblewrap.jpg