2014 uniforms

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
To whoever was looking for sewn jersey numbers... it's not 1990, that isn't a thing anymore. I wouldn't be shocked to see us wear the ones that TM posted. They are classic looking and fit in well with what Alabama, Auburn, Texas, UGA, and others have going on. Hopefully our new AD understands marketing and has passed that along to Russell.
I have to disagree with the whole sewn number thing. The replica jerseys they sell in the book store are not what the players wear (I'm sure you know that) by any stretch of the imagination. Even the bubble wrap numbers were stitched on to the jersey. See the high res photo here (http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/01/Vad-Lee-action1.jpg) Most companies who aren't Russell allow fans to purchase Authentic or Team issue jerseys. I have a Russell Team Issue jersey from the Chan era, but when I contacted them about purchasing a new one they said I had to go to a uniform shop and build one- they couldn't simply sell me one anymore. I'm all in for purchasing a team issue of the VPI game unis from last year, but I won't buy one without stitched numbers...

Ben Jones

Georgia Tech Fan
A relative of mine in sales found it hard to believe that Coke had not engaged in that "debacle" on purpose. The result of that debacle was to create the illusion of scarcity for the original formula. Suddenly you had people buying up multiple cases all across the country. Others who had not drunk Coke in years suddenly became ardent defenders of the original formula. By the time Coke dropped the new formula their market share had increased.

No, I do not think Coke did this on purpose but this mistake definitely reinvigorated a company that had become lethargic with sales that were stagnant.

Coke is too stupid to have done that on purpose. A blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then.

Bubble wrap jerseys are hideous btw

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
j0jw29.jpg

I realize these are Nike (used Nike template) but I mocked up a few ideas a while ago and sent them to the AD. Never hurts :)

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I have to disagree with the whole sewn number thing. The replica jerseys they sell in the book store are not what the players wear (I'm sure you know that) by any stretch of the imagination. Even the bubble wrap numbers were stitched on to the jersey. See the high res photo here (http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/01/Vad-Lee-action1.jpg) Most companies who aren't Russell allow fans to purchase Authentic or Team issue jerseys. I have a Russell Team Issue jersey from the Chan era, but when I contacted them about purchasing a new one they said I had to go to a uniform shop and build one- they couldn't simply sell me one anymore. I'm all in for purchasing a team issue of the VPI game unis from last year, but I won't buy one without stitched numbers...
I also like the stitched #s on jerseys. We need tight fitting, good looking jerseys to help with recruiting. I agree that kids coming out of HS want to look good out on the field. GT needs to get with the times. Theres a way to appease the old heads and the guys were trying to bring in.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
j0jw29.jpg

I realize these are Nike (used Nike template) but I mocked up a few ideas a while ago and sent them to the AD. Never hurts :)
Where were you able to create these at? Now this is what we need.. sleek, not extravagant, and alot to choose from. Id put a diff. Design on the shoulders, but other than that I really like it.

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
Only problem with using the jersey template from the VT game last year is that the fan version will look terrible. Last year's version they made for the fans for the game looked cheap and the sleeve stripes were about two inches long.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Love these! The only change I'd make is a gold outline around the numerals. I also like the lack of names on the back. I'd probably put the logo on the helmets, too.

680-png.222

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Love these! The only change I'd make is a gold outline around the numerals. I also like the lack of names on the back. I'd probably put the logo on the helmets, too.

680-png.222
I would like that my friend..probably get darker gold so things match.........man it would be fun to see this next year !

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Outlining numbers isn't really done anymore especially by bigger schools that have traditional style jerseys. Match up the gold and call it a day. I still wouldn't be shocked to see us wear the ones that TM posted. The gold on those matched up well with the helmets from what I could see. The ones pictured from VT were throwbacks and we lost. I doubt we wear the exact same jerseys.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Outlining numbers isn't really done anymore especially by bigger schools that have traditional style jerseys. Match up the gold and call it a day. I still wouldn't be shocked to see us wear the ones that TM posted. The gold on those matched up well with the helmets from what I could see. The ones pictured from VT were throwbacks and we lost. I doubt we wear the exact same jerseys.
From a pure graphic design standpoint, it works better. It makes the numbers "pop" and it adds more color to to the front of the jersey in a subtle manner without looking like it was just added for no reason.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
From a pure graphic design standpoint, it works better. It makes the numbers "pop" and it adds more color to to the front of the jersey in a subtle manner without looking like it was just added for no reason.
I agree, I tend to like it because I grew up in the O'leary and Chan era, but it just isn't used much by traditional schools and I would like to see us pick something traditional and use it for years, but if we go the route of having several jersey selections every year like Oregon or Miami, then I'm all for outlining the numbers.

David Bullard

Georgia Tech Fan
"Coke is too stupid to have done that on purpose. A blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then."

Be careful who you throw under the bus there... Coke is and has been a MAJOR sponsor and support of GT athletics for many years. Coke and GT were more like partners back in the day.

Truth be told about Coke vs. New Coke is that there were people within Coke that wanted to change the formula for many years but then President of Coke Robert Woodruff would not let him. Once he retired and passed away though the masses were able to get the change push through.

Just goes to show the "masses" aren't always right... Sometimes the Chief does know best!!

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish we would make an attempt to identify more with the city of Atlanta. A nice "ATL" or "404" right below the collar would be awesome. We should be doing everything possible to represent the city and make it known that it's our turf. It would resonate big time with out-of-state kids.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I wish we would make an attempt to identify more with the city of Atlanta. A nice "ATL" or "404" right below the collar would be awesome. We should be doing everything possible to represent the city and make it known that it's our turf. It would resonate big time with out-of-state kids.
I wish it helped the hawks bring in some free agents.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The ones we wore at media day are the ones TM posted and the ones I imagine we'll wear this year with our standard GT helmet. These look really good, I hope we wear them almost every game if not every game.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406048063.787006.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The ones we wore at media day are the ones TM posted and the ones I imagine we'll wear this year with our standard GT helmet. These look really good, I hope we wear them almost every game if not every game. View attachment 270
I can't see it, but do these have side stripes running vertically under the armpit? I sure hope not. Also, we don't know what the pants look like. Other than that, I really like these, too.