2014 uniforms

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ya I like the 2011 better than the bubble wraps and it looks great on our newest commit.... The other picture was not this uniform...

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
I know y'all love uniform threads... So here we go. The pic uploaded at ACC media days shows Nealy wearing the uniform we wore against VT last year! Though this was interesting cuz they always wear the uniforms they are going to wear to ACC Media days. Bad thing was it was the exact same meaning the numbers weren't sewed. This bothers me. Do y'all think they will wear that uniform? If so are they making a real version? Thoughts?

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Here are the pics from today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 231

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I like the old school, classic look. I wish we would find a good look and stick to it for years. There's a reason why Pepsi can't catch Coke even though they continually spend more advertising dollars... Brand management and recognition. Coke hasn't ever changed their logo and the way their products look rarely change, but Pepsi changes everything often. Find something good and stay with it and it will work out in the long run. Just my two cents.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I like the old school, classic look. I wish we would find a good look and stick to it for years. There's a reason why Pepsi can't catch Coke even though they continually spend more advertising dollars... Brand management and recognition. Coke hasn't ever changed their logo and the way their products look rarely change, but Pepsi changes everything often. Find something good and stay with it and it will work out in the long run. Just my two cents.
How 'bout the NY Yankees? When was the last time they changed their unis? (not just for a special event)

yankees1.jpg

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
The honeycombs were hideous and tough to read. But like cheese said... If done correctly, could look bad@$$. Im 27 and prefer the last years VT uni over the one TM posted. IMO our shade of gold and white are so similar that it really needs a darker color to offset the neutral look. I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to fashion. I would like to see us wear more navy accents. Keep the pants either white or gold. If GT has a graphic design class... They should allow the classes to design some unis. Pick about 5 or so to choose from and let the fans pick their favs before fan day or something. Once decided... keep it for the duration.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
To whoever was looking for sewn jersey numbers... it's not 1990, that isn't a thing anymore. I wouldn't be shocked to see us wear the ones that TM posted. They are classic looking and fit in well with what Alabama, Auburn, Texas, UGA, and others have going on. Hopefully our new AD understands marketing and has passed that along to Russell.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Guess you have forgotten the whole "new coke" debacle?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This years jerseys will be the ones worn at media day. Also the same as the poster GT put out with Gotsis, JT, Shaq, and Nealy featured.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Guess you have forgotten the whole "new coke" debacle?
A relative of mine in sales found it hard to believe that Coke had not engaged in that "debacle" on purpose. The result of that debacle was to create the illusion of scarcity for the original formula. Suddenly you had people buying up multiple cases all across the country. Others who had not drunk Coke in years suddenly became ardent defenders of the original formula. By the time Coke dropped the new formula their market share had increased.

No, I do not think Coke did this on purpose but this mistake definitely reinvigorated a company that had become lethargic with sales that were stagnant.