2014 uniforms

Animal02

Banned
I could see taking our traditional jerseys and adding a very subtle, barely recognizable background hex pattern on the numerals ala Bama's combat uni's. No depth tricks to the cells that make them look like bubble wrap.

I thought they changed the rule.....To clarify uniform rules as follows: "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number." This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.
http://www.streakingthelawn.com/2013/8/6/4589426/2013-ncaa-football-season-rule-changes-uva

But I seem to recall seeing the honeycomb numbers last year at least once.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I thought they changed the rule.....To clarify uniform rules as follows: "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number." This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.
http://www.streakingthelawn.com/2013/8/6/4589426/2013-ncaa-football-season-rule-changes-uva

But I seem to recall seeing the honeycomb numbers last year at least once.

I do NOT like the honeycomb numbers. They are hard to distinguish at long distance and on film. I want large easy to read solid color numbers. ELSE pretty much OK.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Iiuc, we are like Russell's flagship. Since they market unis to HSs and D3 schools etc, they will want to put us in their crazy stuff.

revelous

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW the HS players I coached loved the honeycomb jerseys. They all said it was the first "cool" jerseys we had and looked like something nike or under armor would do.
I've seen similar comments elsewhere and it blows my mind every time I hear it. They are hideous, unreadable, and didn't even go with the pants. They were unfinished at best.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Let's get this straight. :)

Russell has not shown overall good taste in the past several years. A little bit here and a tad there but overall they have failed although someone sure seems to have gotten the message of late.
You can get facts straight....opinions, not so much ;)
Fwiw I think cheese hit the nail on the head. Subtle changes are the key typically. Much easier to digest than wholesale or radical changes. I didn't mind the honeycomb on the shoulders of the white jerseys. But I really disliked the honeycomb in the numbers. And I really really disliked the navy honeycomb jerseys altogether. And those seemed to be the most popular with our players.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
cj2.jpg
Just keep it simple. Traditional.

cjgold.jpg
MegaTron.jpg

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow

Funny no jersey's of Tech received higher than a 3.5. I think it is safe to say there is an increasing gap between what alumni think look good and what players think look good. Considering we are not a football factory and recruiting could benefit from what we wear I would like to see Russel come up with 3 to 4 designs and see which is most popular with the 16-22 year age old group. I really don't care what the uniforms look like. Just my opinion.

Having said that this is my favorite:

calvin.jpg

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Funny no jersey's of Tech received higher than a 3.5. I think it is safe to say there is an increasing gap between what alumni think look good and what players think look good. Considering we are not a football factory and recruiting could benefit from what we wear I would like to see Russel come up with 3 to 4 designs and see which is most popular with the 16-22 year age old group. I really don't care what the uniforms look like. Just my opinion.

Having said that this is my favorite:

calvin.jpg
Mine too.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Mine too.
I agree. Simple, sleek, readable. Might have liked it more due to Calvin but... These were up there on all time great unis from Tech. I would like to see Russell take entries into a uniform design contest for Tech. Have their committee pick a top 5 and let the GT community rank em' 1-5 ,and whichever 2 come out on top should be what we alternate between and/or wear the #2 on special occasions. Its a good way to get ATL sidewalk fans involved with our program. Plus itd give us a chance to voice our opinions and make the majority of GTNation happy.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
From a looks stand point I loved the Gailey era jerseys with '06 ACCCG being my favorite, but from a player stand point i hated them! They were extremely stiff. It took forever to get on

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Man are those the unis of Tech for years ! Clean and cool and ....................of course we will not be able to wear them since if it makes sense .....we cant do it.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Check this out...

I think I got a glimpse of the uniforms a few days ago, but it was taken off twitter quickly. I know I was happy with what was posted!