2014 uniforms

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
yuck! Hate the numbers. Looks like iron-ons. The shoulder stripes look like they're from the 70's (not necessarily our 70's uniforms, but 70's style), and I hate the 70's style. I'm amazed at how many of you really like these uniforms. To me they look dated. I could see a 1-game throwback, but I'd hate to see us in these all the time. Talk about alienating the younger crowd...like the pants though.

Edit: I've left the photo up on my screen for a couple of minutes. After further thought, the numbers are what really kills this for me. The stripes on the arms are fine. Still like the pants.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
DCS

Those are ones that were customized by one of our players, not real.
Phew... I feel much better. Those are fugly. Was that some sort of uniform generator on a Russell website? I can't believe they haven't ditched the bubblewrap/honeycomb after the overwhelming negative reaction they received.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Phew... I feel much better. Those are fugly. Was that some sort of uniform generator on a Russell website? I can't believe they haven't ditched the bubblewrap/honeycomb after the overwhelming negative reaction they received.
How true is this? I know on message boards it's been pretty much the response, but I'd be interested in what GTAA's feeling take on the reception of the honeycomb. They were pretty well received by most players that I've heard. Mostly alum that didn't like them. We tend to be more traditionalists, so that shouldn't be a surprise.

Edit: as Eric said above

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
They do represent more then themselves but a uniform isn't a big deal. I know dealing with recruiting that it is a pretty big factor with some kids and we could use some help in that area.

My personal opinion is that I don't care what the uniforms look like to be honest...they wear them so let them have at it IMO. Just win.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
They do represent more then themselves but a uniform isn't a big deal. I know dealing with recruiting that it is a pretty big factor with some kids and we could use some help in that area.

My personal opinion is that I don't care what the uniforms look like to be honest...they wear them so let them have at it IMO. Just win.
Everyone needs to care what they look like. Or we could end up with something so vile and terrible...
images

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the black and gold jerseys. Out with the old and in with the new. The kids don't wanna wear the uniforms some ole farts worn in the 60's and 70's. This is a Nike generation they want cool looking new uniforms and everyone knows this program need some buzz. Recruits will love it!

Last edited:
This is more of what I would expect the younger crowd to be after. Not saying I'd want to see that every game either, but that would turn some heads for sure. Don't like the TECH on the pants.
Old fart comment approaching. This points up the disconnect between our younger players and fans and the older generations. Had we never tinkered with the uniforms, I imagine that TM would be loving the 1990 or even the 1964 versions. But when our traditional uniforms were tossed, it made radical change easier. A big, big influence for my likes are that I identify the older uniforms with better football teams. Can't stand the white pants and Vandy gold jerseys of the Carson years for the same reason. Curry felt the need for navy blue jerseys. Not a bad look, but, hey, in my world Georgia Tech is always "yellow britches".

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I agree winning over uni's ..
I just kinda wish GT would have uni's that just stood as apart of the brand, kinda like Bama.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I could understand the thought process of not changing our uni's IF we had basically the same uni for 30 years like bama or penn state. But since the uni's has changed over the years, I don't get the argument about not changing. I with Eric on this one, let the players have some say in the uni. Personally, I love the honeycomb. In terms of recruiting, just go back and look at what uni the recruits are posting pictures in. There are a lot of them in the blue honeycomb.