2014 uniforms

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
IronJacket: I agree, the above uniforms look great and are the historical colors of Georgia Tech. I, for one, would hate black, when our colors are Gold and White. There are players from way back in our history all the way up to today who have played for the White and Gold. I cannot conceive of changing the colors to placate a few players who are going to be playing at Tech for only a short term. I think the historical color of Tech should be maintained for all players who have played in the past.

Sorry, but I am from the old school of loyalty. If I was the coach, and some players wanted to change the colors, I not hesitate, "I would give them a resounding NO; and tell them the colors will remain White and Gold. If they resisted were unhappy, "I would tell them their options were open to leave". In fact, if that became a divisional problem, I would ask them to leave.

We wore black jerseys in the Dodd era.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I have a solution...simple to old fart like me but if you have seven home games and you want to honor tradition....wear the throwback dodd unis a game.....use the Ross blue jerseys and white pants a game......wear the Carson unis.......and then you have four or five games to destroy our colors by using stripes and slashes and ..........stingers down the side....You could also wear the correct color of old gold........this idea which doubt young folks will like,would keep tradition alive with old farts,bring back the warm glow of how we used to play and still let the young lads try to be the Oregon of the east(oops forgot MD has that ).I have no cotton with players wanting to design special unis etc......they play for the Coach and not vice versa but even stating that ...they would still have games to wear the new fads ....six unis in six years just aint cool.Its like wearing madras shirts and striped shorts to the beach with flip flops and black socks............

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
IronJacket: I agree, the above uniforms look great and are the historical colors of Georgia Tech. I, for one, would hate black, when our colors are Gold and White. There are players from way back in our history all the way up to today who have played for the White and Gold. I cannot conceive of changing the colors to placate a few players who are going to be playing at Tech for only a short term. I think the historical color of Tech should be maintained for all players who have played in the past.

Sorry, but I am from the old school of loyalty. If I was the coach, and some players wanted to change the colors, I not hesitate, "I would give them a resounding NO; and tell them the colors will remain White and Gold. If they resisted were unhappy, "I would tell them their options were open to leave". In fact, if that became a divisional problem, I would ask them to leave.

I agree completely. White and Gold are and always will be "our" colors.
I guess what I am trying to say in regards to black is that it could be a marketing tool to some degree. HS Kids love the alternate uniforms. Oregon built a program on large donations (mainly) and alternate uniforms. I don't want us to go all googoo for black. But a game or two per season could generate good pub. Or another option could be to even use the white and gold exclusively but have 5 or 6 different white and gold uniform alternates within a single season.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I agree completely. White and Gold are and always will be "our" colors.
I guess what I am trying to say in regards to black is that it could be a marketing tool to some degree. HS Kids love the alternate uniforms. Oregon built a program on large donations (mainly) and alternate uniforms. I don't want us to go all googoo for black. But a game or two per season could generate good pub. Or another option could be to even use the white and gold exclusively but have 5 or 6 different white and gold uniform alternates within a single season.
This is a good idea in theory but it limits ur options. With only 2 colors opposed to 3, you can go all white, all gold, gold helmet w/all white, white helmet w/all gold,gold helmet white jersey gold pants, white helmet gold jersey white pants, and so on... and most of these wouldnt look very good. Thats why I say we add either navy or.black in a couple uniforms and wear them like 2 or 3 games

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I do remember wearing black jerseys a few times during the Dodd days. I am not sure of the reason, but there were a lot of teams wearing white jerseys. It is possible we wore the black ones when playing someone who had the option of wearing the white jerseys, but this is only a guess, as I do not remember the circumstances. The thing I miss the most is my mind.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a solution...simple to old fart like me but if you have seven home games and you want to honor tradition....wear the throwback dodd unis a game.....use the Ross blue jerseys and white pants a game......wear the Carson unis.......and then you have four or five games to destroy our colors by using stripes and slashes and ..........stingers down the side....You could also wear the correct color of old gold........this idea which doubt young folks will like,would keep tradition alive with old farts,bring back the warm glow of how we used to play and still let the young lads try to be the Oregon of the east(oops forgot MD has that ).I have no cotton with players wanting to design special unis etc......they play for the Coach and not vice versa but even stating that ...they would still have games to wear the new fads ....six unis in six years just aint cool.Its like wearing madras shirts and striped shorts to the beach with flip flops and black socks............
now there's an idea... make each season a homage to Tech tradition. The kids would love the variety too.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The main colors have always been, and will always be, White and Gold. However, Navy Blue and Black have always been accent colors. I've seen archival records in the Library where they describe that from the late 19th/early 20th century. The mid 80's used black (ergo the Black Watch). When Bobby Ross came down, he went back to Navy Blue. We've used both since.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Need this shade of gold, not the lighter vegas gold...Our colors, historically were "old gold" and white, not any color gold...
092713_tech_football_JC26.JPG

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

So no trim color at all ?

I actually have no problem with Nothing but White & Gold, IF IF IF IF we could get the proper shade of Gold that would contrast with White ( design something classic and clean along the lines of U Texas or PSU - 2 schools that only use 2 colors.)

Watching the Super Bowl and the Broncos Orange, and watching Ok State vs Iowa State in BB tonight, I have wondered if we could develop a somewhat "Optic" Gold along the lines of those 2 teams "optic" orange?

Something totally unique and sharp in all of college sports.