2014 uniforms

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I love our traditional white and gold. That being said I think it would appeal to the kids to bring back some black into our uniforms. Black helmets with all black uniforms (Just for a game or two). That or all navy blue with white or gold helmet. I know this sounds extreme but the kids would respond well. Black is a popular color in uniforms and we used to wear black jerseys. No need to get extreme with the patterns (i.e. honeycomb / hexagon look) just switch up the color scheme every once in a blue moon and keep the patterns /designs simple. Again this is jmo. Take it with a grain.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I wish we would do a flat black/blue/gold helmet. I really think those look sharp. Maybe add a stripe down the middle of the helmet. Come up with a few color schemes and stick with it. Keep it simple design, and change colors.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Gold Helmets, White Shirts and Gold Pants. Best Looking uniform in the game and we keep screwing it up.

Go Jackets!

I don't participate in these uni threads typically. however, you have a point and this is why I (and others) lack confidence in the powers that be at the GTAA. we have, in the past, rolled out one of the top 2 0r 3 best looking uni's in all of college FB. But our "best and brightest" (wtf) want to do that whole honeycomb thing and other monstrosities.

I used to see this back in the day when I worked in the corporate world....incompetent people do not understand that if ain't broken, it doesn't need fixing. thus we have honeycombs.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Actually the pups original colors were crimson, black, and gold. They removed the gold and replaced it with silver. Most of their merchandise is the wrong shade of red. "That's funny, I don't care who you are."

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
White jerseys, gold helmets, and gold pants. That should always be our main look. When we have to go alternate I prefer white pants, gold jersey, and white helmet.

Fwiw I think last years unis were gd ones.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't participate in these uni threads typically. however, you have a point and this is why I (and others) lack confidence in the powers that be at the GTAA. we have, in the past, rolled out one of the top 2 0r 3 best looking uni's in all of college FB. But our "best and brightest" (wtf) want to do that whole honeycomb thing and other monstrosities.

I used to see this back in the day when I worked in the corporate world....incompetent people do not understand that if ain't broken, it doesn't need fixing. thus we have honeycombs.

Am under the impression that Russell, due to what they pay us, has a lot of design leeway. Not necessarily a GT decision, but I don't know.

I would just imagine that the players would get tired of wearing the same uni every game.

I did hear UTenn just dropped Adidas for Nike and is only getting lil over $7 million for 8 years. That is UTenn !

What do you think Nike would pay GT?

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Nike would want us. They are already releasing nike Tech gear in mainstream stores like Lids locker room( I saw 3 different tech nike shirts) you never see this at a regular store other than Barnes and noble. I saw 1 nike item there and 3 at lids wow

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Nike would want us. They are already releasing nike Tech gear in mainstream stores like Lids locker room( I saw 3 different tech nike shirts) you never see this at a regular store other than Barnes and noble. I saw 1 nike item there and 3 at lids wow

You think they would pay us more than "R"?

More than ugag, and Heaven knows who else?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
10-year deal was signed in 2008

"Georgia Tech (GT) has signed a new 10-year deal with Russell Athletic that "could be worth more than $20[M]," according to Matt Winkeljohn of the ATLANTA CONSTITUTION. The school's previous contract with Russell Athletic was for five years and $3M. Under the new deal, GT will "serve as a laboratory for new styles, designs and materials for Russell." Russell Athletic Exec VP Gary Barfield said GT "is probably our premier relationship, and being in Atlanta the proximity allows us to develop things using their athletes." The deal will net GT "$750,000 in cash per year from Russell for each of the next four years, increasing to $950,000 for each of the final two." Russell also will give GT "$1.1[M] in athletic apparel each of the next four years, ramping up to $1.35[M] in each of the final two years." If the school "needs more gear, [it] will pay wholesale." GT also will "get a wholesale price break on various equipment, $100,000 per year in apparel for camps and clinics, $100,000 a year in apparel for staff members, and two Russell internships per year for [GT] student-athletes." Russell will get "various football, basketball and baseball tickets, continued advertising signage rights at Grant Field and Alexander Memorial Coliseum, parking passes, some use of Tech's facilities for meetings and other perks"

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Personally I would still like to see us bring some black back into our color scheme, jmo... But also what the heck was wrong with these uniforms? Why did we go away from these?

GT White and Gold.jpg

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
IronJacket: I agree, the above uniforms look great and are the historical colors of Georgia Tech. I, for one, would hate black, when our colors are Gold and White. There are players from way back in our history all the way up to today who have played for the White and Gold. I cannot conceive of changing the colors to placate a few players who are going to be playing at Tech for only a short term. I think the historical color of Tech should be maintained for all players who have played in the past.

Sorry, but I am from the old school of loyalty. If I was the coach, and some players wanted to change the colors, I not hesitate, "I would give them a resounding NO; and tell them the colors will remain White and Gold. If they resisted were unhappy, "I would tell them their options were open to leave". In fact, if that became a divisional problem, I would ask them to leave.