2014 Schedule

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The only teams that worry me on our schedule are the usual suspects: VT, UM, Clemson, UGA

Outside of that, Pitt we may have a hard time with though their QB and all everything DT (Aaron Donald) have moved on. It's at Pitt and they played us pretty tough for their first look at us.

We play VT tough every year but until CPJ shows he can get over that hump consistently it's hard to say we'll beat VT. Inexperienced and unsettled OL, inexperienced QB...bad combo if you have to go up against Bud Foster's defense. I think if we can put up 28 points against them we'll win...I don't think VT's offense will get going by then under a new QB. The question is whether we can get those 28 points.

Miami...they always have nasty talent, and Al Golden has CPJ's number. We go from VT to Miami...not sure our young OL and QB will be up to the task by the 5th game. Miami loses their QB, but we're pretty much breaking in a QB as well so it's a wash from that standpoint. From there it's just a talent advantage for Miami.

Clemson lost Boyd and Watkins who absolutely shreaded us in 2013. That was as bad of a game we've had against Clemson in a long time. CPJ has shown he can carve up Clemson's defense no matter who's behind center for us, though last season was Brent Venables first season against us and he did OK. Of the "big 4" games, I think this is our best chance for a W.

UGA will have a new DC with Jeremy Pruitt and he'll have pretty much a full season to work out the kinks of his defense. He'll be an improvement over Todd Grantham. UGA will have a good offense, not as good as an Aaron Murray offense, but with their backfield and skill positions they can still put up points. If we're healthy and at full strength I can see us winning this game late if we can keep possession and grind away.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
vs. Wofford - W
at Tulane - W
vs. Georgia Southern - W
at Virginia Tech - W
vs. Miami - L
vs. Duke - W
at North Carolina - W
at Pittsburgh - W
vs. Virginia - W
at North Carolina State - W
vs. Clemson - L
at Georgia - L

ACCCG - L
Bowl - L
Winning 9 would be nice but still no wins over good teams and if we finish with 4 straight losses could be time for a change but tough decision with that many wins. I want to see us actually beat a good team for a change

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I will wait til Aug to predict.We have lost 4 players in 3 months.Losing more for WHATEVER reason ,would not surprise me --and can't help and could KILL us if a key player is lost..

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I will wait til Aug to predict.We have lost 4 players in 3 months.Losing more for WHATEVER reason ,would not surprise me --and can't help and could KILL us if a key player is lost..

Total of 7 or 8 in the last 5 months: Williams, Bailey, Griffin, Akins, Robbins, Custis, Days and maybe Roberts too. Ouch!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
vs. Wofford - W
at Tulane - W
vs. Georgia Southern - W
at Virginia Tech - L
vs. Miami - W
vs. Duke - W
at North Carolina - L
at Pittsburgh - W
vs. Virginia - W
at North Carolina State - W
vs. Clemson - L
at Georgia - L
Is 5 - 3 in the ACC good enough to win the Coastal? Probably not, but maybe. Just depends on tie breaker rules and who else has the same record.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
"North Carolina - W These guys are due against us BUT in the 3 weeks prior to us they play Clemson, VippySU and Notre Dame"

Dang that is huge right there