2014 Schedule

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
So true. I think CPJ threw in the towel on the option for the UGA game. We focused on it, worked at it for 4 straight weeks, and it still wasn't improving. There will most likely be a decision point for CPJ in the off season. Will he stick with heavy option regimen and find another QB to run it, or run a lot of the same type stuff we saw vs UGAg with Vad. I guess it depends on how fast JT grows running the option.

I guess there is always the chance we could run something between what we have trying and what he ran at Hawaii right?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Anyone care to take a very early stab at next year's record? Obviously we don't know many dates, where byes will lie, or attrition on our team or others. I believe the full schedule is usually announced in Feb.
Home
Wofford
Ga Southern
UVA
Duke
Miami
Clemson
Away
Tulane
NC State
UNC
Pitt
VT
UGA

Not knowing very much at all about our opponents I predict 8-4. We need to win 8 and I think it's very realistic. Clemson loses Boyd, Beasley, a few WRs, and more. Miami loses Morris. I believe VT loses Thomas and starters on the DL? Despite our losses on the OL and DL (where we weren't particularly consistent this year anyway) it will likely be unacceptable to whiff on all three of those games.

Unfortunately UGA will be the toughest opponent; otherwise we have a very realistic chance to capitalize on the remainder of the schedule. What do you all think?
I say at least eight with the luke warm teams..Dook may be better but we are good at home with the rest.Good games at the Stadium next yr.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Like I said in another thread, scheduling is almost as important for wins/losses as talent or coaching. I won't be able to make a prediction on this until I a) see the actual schedule and b) see the spring game.

For all that, however, I think I can make two predictions right now:
• We will be in the top 5 in the country in rushing and
• We will score around 33 points a game.
Those were easy; we've been doing that year in, year out. So the question of wins and losses is a simple one:
• Will we hold opponents to under 28 points a game?
• Will we face another murderer's row in the middle of the season?
If the answers are yes and no, we will win 8 easy, maybe 9 or 10. If not, we will have trouble. How much we will see.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think the team is going to surprise a lot of folks in a good way next season. We are going to do what we do well, and that is option football.

As for the D. We will have the best secondary in the ACC if our guys make it through the spring healthy. The only unknown for me is the D Line. If our front four can get pressure, we will win the Coastal.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
If our DBs play off the ball to loose, the D line will not have time to get to the QB on 3rd and long, that is part of the problem. If the DBs play the receivers tighter, the QB cannot find his receivers open quickly, and the pressure has a better chance of making a sack.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
If our DBs play off the ball to loose, the D line will not have time to get to the QB on 3rd and long, that is part of the problem. If the DBs play the receivers tighter, the QB cannot find his receivers open quickly, and the pressure has a better chance of making a sack.
Agree with you and further......if we play corners tight and have a good safety we can cover up if we get beat but when you give a guy ten yds etc it seeems they allways complete it.......You are right though let the D line rush the passer wide open and see what we do..........we may even get a sack and decent coverage.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Only 2 better than half way decent home games. No way to build a program, but good for a HC to keep his O stats up.

Disturbing to say the least.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not one to count his chickens before they hatch, but I would be very disappointed with anything less than 8-4. I see a fair chance for double-digits in the win column, especially considering our home and away schedule. It's time to make lots of good things happen.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't get why it's "much" easier. Yes, we trade BYU out for Ga Southern, but all the other teams are the same. Yes, some of those teams lose some key guys, but they are factory schools that reload their talent. Those teams still 'out talent' us as a team like they did this year.

Clemson: No Boyd or Watkins
U(sic)GA: Murray leaves, Grantham leaves
Duh U: No Jacory Harris or WR Travis Benjamin.
VPI: Logan Thomas leaves.
UNCheat: No Eric Ebron

Yes, I agree they will reload, but these teams are losing their best players.