2014 offense retained 40% of 2013 offense

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
"The offense will need contributions from many to meet Johnson's expectations. Stars who accounted for more than 60 percent of the Yellow Jackets' yards, including three of the top-four rushers, and more than half their points in 2013 are no longer at Georgia Tech." JT5 biggest factor replacing VLee.

2015 is going to be an interesting year but the OB and ACCCCG already provides a taste for 2015 WO two of our top 2014 contributors. Waller big factor replacing Smelter in OB and ACCCCG and we lose Waller.

OB also tested our secondary with so many going down with injuries during the game.

Go Jackets!!
THWG

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
"The offense will need contributions from many to meet Johnson's expectations. Stars who accounted for more than 60 percent of the Yellow Jackets' yards, including three of the top-four rushers, and more than half their points in 2013 are no longer at Georgia Tech." JT5 biggest factor replacing VLee.

2015 is going to be an interesting year but the OB and ACCCCG already provides a taste for 2015 WO two of our top 2014 contributors. Waller big factor replacing Smelter in OB and ACCCCG and we lose Waller.

OB also tested our secondary with so many going down with injuries during the game.

Go Jackets!!
THWG
Probably not an overstatement to say that the only offensive positions Johnson seems to mourn over are QB and B back. It seems it is just an expectation that from somewhere wideouts and A backs will step up. The 2014 season seemed an aberration in his offensive philosophy with no B back getting 1,000 yards, formerly a hallmark of his option, but two of them actually platooning. I am not so familiar with GSU or Navy but I think this was a first. Given that, if he finds his B back(s) that is good enough for me.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
over the week end I looked at the first two games of last year. It looked like only 40 % of prior year returned. Hard to believe that the same team ended up in the top 10 in the nation from looking at the replay. of those two games.

Berg

Georgia Tech Fan
I do worry about A back and WR. Been trying to figure out what caused the drop off on offense from 09 to 10. We had QB returning and replaced Dwyer with Allen, so Bback was set. Only lost a couple of OL. I think loosing Demaryius was huge, and that worries me about what losing smelter and waller will do.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I do worry about A back and WR. Been trying to figure out what caused the drop off on offense from 09 to 10. We had QB returning and replaced Dwyer with Allen, so Bback was set. Only lost a couple of OL. I think loosing Demaryius was huge, and that worries me about what losing smelter and waller will do.
I think we've been recruiting a little better at WR since then. I do believe our freshman Philiphot and Howell will be the most talented WRs we have on the roster this season though, I expect Philiphot to get in the rotation Atleast. As for the upperclassman, it's next man up. I personally think Messick will step up.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I think 2010 was just an outlier, with team chemistry issues etc.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Hill was certainly a big drop off. Hardly anyone was a reliable receiver, at A back or WR.. I believe also we have greater potential at WR this year. We showed we could do well if another WR steps up as Waller did. It may take the first three games like in 2014 but believe we will find the right guys. Spring Practice and game will provide some measure of future success there.

Other concerns are blocking and tackling. Lombardi fundamentals still win football games. I believe we will continue to improve in both categories. The question becomes will we be there by game 3 in South Bend? 2014 game three was at home against a lower level opponent and we were two plays from losing that one. The margins of victory are razor thin against quality opponents. I think the desire and chemistry is going to be there to put that thin margin on our side of win column.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
At the time I recall some talk about dissension in the locker room and a lack of leadership, and Johnson clearly was unhappy with the chemistry.