2013 Signee Review - Ty Griffin

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Ty Griffin

Position - QB

Offers - Georgia Tech, Air Force, Army, UNC, Navy and Missouri.

Committed - 1/30/13

Looking Back - Ty was always the backup plan to Damon Mitchell and the Georgia Tech staff kept him warm the whole cycle just in case something happened with Mitchell...good thing they did. Ty is a great fit for the Georgia Tech offense...as you can tell by the offers from Air Force, Army and Navy. He is a run first and pass second kind of guy. After Ty committed to Georgia Tech then UNC and Missouri offered a couple of days after. They both offered him as a DB..as a Senior in 8 games Ty had 600 yards passing for 5TDs and 1150 yards rushing for 19TDs.

Looking Ahead - With Vad Lee and Justin Thomas ahead of him there is no need for him to play right away...I would expect Griffin to get a redshirt year in the offense and see how things go. If he is struggling or if they feel like he wont be able to compete in the next few years then they will move him to DB. I actually think could be a very good defensive back. He is special with the ball in his hands and he could surprise some people at QB in a few years...his brother is 2013 STUD (likely 5*) Taj Griffin

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Even if he doesn't ever start a game. I like the fact that his brother is a beast. Could be like nkimdechie brothers and Ole Miss.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Its early on but Taj is a UGA lean as of now. He has said he will OV to GT.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Not getting my hopes up with Taj, Tech having trouble securing Miles Autry and Andrew Williams.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
by GTonTop88 Today at 4:38 pm
Ty reminds me a lot of Nesbitt on his high school tape. Could be underrated, I think he will stay at QB
Nesbit was alot bigger and threw alotttt more at Greene county

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
@JazzyD95 Nesbitt was a true game breaker. Just sayin his play style was a lot like Nesbitt, he'll be a solid 2nd stringer to JT his senior year

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't see anything comparable to Ty and Nesbitt. If Ty is backing up JT his senior year Tech is in trouble.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Eric - It may be a good idea to provide a link to the signee's highlight video with each review. I know that they can be easily found, but it may be helpful to others.

Just a suggestion :)