2013 Signee Review - Travis Custis

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the additional info.

Bites for Travis and puts a scare into the fans... hope he enrolls for the winter semester.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How was he accepted into GT while not having met NCAA base standards?

A very odd situation...From what I understand this isn't really a NCAA issue per say but they have to label it something. I hope this situation gets cleared up soon and we all have a better understanding of it..I am just as lost as everyone else is.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
A very odd situation...From what I understand this isn't really a NCAA issue per say but they have to label it something. I hope this situation gets cleared up soon and we all have a better understanding of it..I am just as lost as everyone else is.

The only thing that makes sense to me, but is still a guess, would be he was using credits from when Clayton county was a non-accredited district and the special paperwork that they would need to file wasn't done on time or properly. I'm not sure of the timeline of it all if that even works out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The only thing that makes sense to me, but is still a guess, would be he was using credits from when Clayton county was a non-accredited district and the special paperwork that they would need to file wasn't done on time or properly. I'm not sure of the timeline of it all if that even works out.
I hope that is all that it is...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One of y'all better find him a nice little internship 'til January. Make sure he remembers GT looks after it's own. ;). I'm only half-kidding ...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The AJC online was wrong yesterday.

From yesterday' hard copy -
"... Custis was a likely candidate to redshirt. He was on campus this summer for workouts with the team, but never began classes. His status upon enrollment for the spring term will be that of a freshman in the Class of 2014."

How is this not having "normal" eligibility, i.e. not forced to "redshirt" the 2013 season? The way I read that is that he will can play any 4 of the '14, '15, '16, '17 or '18 seasons. Just asking?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday' hard copy -
"... Custis was a likely candidate to redshirt. He was on campus this summer for workouts with the team, but never began classes. His status upon enrollment for the spring term will be that of a freshman in the Class of 2014."

How is this not having "normal" eligibility, i.e. not forced to "redshirt" the 2013 season? The way I read that is that he will can play any 4 of the '14, '15, '16, '17 or '18 seasons. Just asking?

That's correct. AJC initially reported his status incorrectly but have since edited the article.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
To clear up this issue...and I don't want this to be posted on other sites... I have confirmed with a good source that is a issue with his graduation test...so nothing that can be blamed on Tech.

Custis wants to be back at Tech.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
To clear up this issue...and I don't want this to be posted on other sites... I have confirmed with a good source that is a issue with his graduation test...so nothing that can be blamed on Tech.

Custis wants to be back at Tech.

Glad he wants to be back.

Does he have to retake the graduation test to be eligible?