2013 Signee Review - Ricky Jeune

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
gnee - Ricky Jeune

Position - WR

Offers - Georgia Tech, BC, UCONN, ECU, Kansas, Purdue and Rutgers

Committed - 1/13/13

Looking Back - Jeune was a Georgia Tech the whole way and the coaches really stayed on him...they showed him a lot of attention and he committed to GT over Purdue during his official visit at Tech. During his Senior season he 36 catches for 882 yards and 10 TDs..Which is an average of 24.5 yards a catch. Jeune is really the perfect fit for a GT wideout...he will be a big assest blocking on the edge. On his film Jeune shows great hands, runs good routes and is not slow. The only real knack on him is his seperation. However he is great at attacking the ball at its highest point and makes the catches in traffic.

Looking Ahead - If Jeune comes into camp this Fall ready to compete and in good shape there is a great chance that he will play this Fall. The coaches will want to make sure he is ready to handle the blocking load before they put him on the field...but he is an aggresive blocker so it should not be a proble. Jeune has a good frame at 6'3 and has room to add weight.  Jeune should be a great fit at Georgia Tech and I look for him to make a good name for himself

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Whatever CPJ said to win him over needs to be duplicated because if was a wide receiver I wouldn't come to Tech with the offense it currently runs.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
ATL1 said:
Whatever CPJ said to win him over needs to be duplicated because if was a wide receiver I wouldn't come to Tech with the offense it currently runs.

Why not??? Didn't seem to hurt BeBe Thomas' draft status or to a lesser extent Stephen Hill (who I don't think was anywhere as good as where he was drafted). If you have the talent, the NFL will find you and love the fact that you can block downfield in addition to catching passes.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
ATL1 said:
Every kid doesn't have the same set of priorities. Some actually value a top notch education. Not many, but some. Calvin Johnson could have gone anywhere and he chose to come to GT and catch passes from Reggie Ball.