2013 Signee Review - Kevin Robbins

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Kevin Robbins

Position - DE/OLB

Offers - Georgia Tech, Arizona, BC, Duke, ECU, Iowa, Mich St,Ole Miss, UNC, Nc State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Wake and WVU.

Committed - 6/02/12

Looking Back - I don't think many people realize how many schools wanted Kevin Robbins...Just check out his offer list. Kevin Robbins is what many like to refer to as the "Georgia Tech"...he is a great young man, values academics, no issues off the field, well spoken and an all great guy. Kevin chose Georgia Tech when Al Groh was his recruiter and was coming in to the 3-4. Even though all of that changed it did not phase Robbins or his teammate Commissong. They both committed to Georgia Tech when they committed not to coaches. The Tech staff did a great job with Robbins, lets dont forget that his Dad played at Michigan State.

Looking Ahead - It will be interesting to see what Ted Roof decides to do Robbins. I think with him already being almost 6'5 and 230 pounds he will be a defensive end. Ted Roof seems to like the smaller, quick defensive ends majority of the time and I think that Robbins fits that bill very well. Kevin played DE, LB and TE in high school so he is very athletic and can play many different slots. I would expect Kevin to redshirt to get adjusted to playing DE and to get his frame built up.