2013 Signee Review - John Marvin

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - John Marvin

Position - DB

Offers - Georgia Tech

Committed - 6/28/12

Looking Back - John Marvin came to the Georgia Tech camp over the summer was lock down. There was only like one or two passes completed against him all DB. What makes Marvin special is that he is 6'1 195 but moves around like a corner. He is very athletic...his strength on the field is run support. He plays great against the run, takes good angles and loves contact. When he committed he committed as a CB, but was later on told he would be a safety. He says whatever position they want him to play is fine with him. He is yet another that turned down a lot of schools the last few weeks before NSD...kid is also a very hard worker. A real sleeper in this class.

Looking Ahead - Marvin is coming into a pretty loaded backfield especially at safety...If they feel he can play right away then they will likely start him at safety as Georgia Tech really only has 4 CBs as of now. I think longterm he will end up at safety as his frame fills out and he keeps growing. He is a safety I would look for to play a ton against run teams down the road. I would expect him to redshirt his Freshman year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
JazzyD95 said:
Will he be an early player after his redshirt year? Or get caught in the wash of young defensive backs we have

I think he will start seeing PT around his Sophomore season.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If we're so think at CB and the guy can move like a CB, then shoot, let's make him a CB. The height is a plus at that position. Reminds me of Kenny Scott's measurables.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Eric, Can this guy play Corner or is he too big, could you see him as a boundary corner since he is so big?