2013 Signee Review - Darius Commissiong

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Darius Commissiong
Position - DE
Offers - Georgia Tech, Boston College, Duke, ECU, Iowa, Maryland, UNC, Nc State, Purdue, Syracuse, UVA and Wake.
Committed - 5/13/13

Looking Back - Darius was orginally recruited by Al Groh and to play nose tackle in the 3-4. Once Groh was fired Joe Speed became his recruiter and really stepped up and did a great job with him. Many may not know how many schools went all out after Commissiong the last few weeks in January...Ohio State, Clemson, (OSU and Clemson both offered then), UNC, Maryland are a few schools that tried to flip him. Joe Speed said on NSD Commssiong got up to 330 pounds during his Senior season but is currently around 300. Speed also commented that he had "good hands and "good weight".

Looking Ahead - I think Commissiong is going to fill a bid need at defensive tackle. I have a friend who is a recruiting scout and he labeled Commissiong as of his top 5 sleeper DT's in the nation...I look for Commissiong to redshirt this season to get adjusted to college and get some work done in the weightroom. Would look for him to start making a impact in the 2014 season. I think he will be a really good player for us.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
330lbs Geez..
What's funny is that Groh finally got his kind of line but now he's gone.. Oh well.