2013 Signee Review - Corey Griffin

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Corey Griffin

Position - DB

Offers - Georgia Tech, UAB, Ball State, Indiana

Committed - On NSD

Looking Back - Corey played at Sandy Creek highschool which was been a dominate program in state of Georgia lately and just won a state title this year. Griffin committed to play for UAB in early January...When coach Roof got the job at Georgia Tech, Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker called and said here is a guy I think is under the rader come and take a look at him. Roof watched his film and went and checked him out...he really liked Griffin and offered him. Roof mentioned that he was impresed with the way he was able to turn his hips. Griffin is a big safety at 6-2, 190 already so he could end up at OLB down the road. Coach Chip Walker said Griffin can really and he will hit you. Mentioned a couple of times that he loved contact.

Looking Ahead - It will be interesting to see if Griffin keeps growing and moves to OLB or if he stays near his current frame and plays DB. Georgia Tech has pretty good depth at safety right now so I would not look for him to play right away unless he comes in and really impresses or is able to show he can make a difference on special teams. Not a bad late pickup. With a little coaching from Roof I could see Griffin being a good DB down the line