2013 Signee Review - Antonio Messick

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Antonio Messick

Position - WR

Offers - Georgia Tech

Committed - 7/14/12

Looking Back - Majority of Georgia Tech fans had never heard the name of Antonio Messick when he committed. He camp to a camp in June and stood out. He also tested good in all the drills like 40, vert, shuttle, etc...The coaches wanted to see him perform again so they invited him back to the next camp in July. At that camp in July he dominated once again and really showed great hands. The coaches offered then and he committed on the spot...His high school team runs almost all the time so there was not a lot of tape of him catching. 

Looking Ahead - I love Messick, I think this is the sleeper of the class and maybe the sleeper WR in Georgia. Messick has a great frame at 6'3 185 and can move well. He loves to block and is a very physical player...his blocking is going to make him a big assest to Tech on the edge. He actually is pretty smooth at catching the ball already..he attacks the ball and catches with his hands instead of his body.I would look for Messick to be a perfect for Georgia Tech at WR and I think he will push for playing time right away.

rduck

Georgia Tech Fan
We have got to get some consistancy at the WR position. Seems as though every year we start the spring with only 1-2 players that have seen any significant playing time..