2012 GT Season in review

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

7-7 and we could have and should have finished 9-5 or 10-4.
Miami should have been a Win.
Va. Tech should have been a Win.
And whether you think we deserved to be there or not ACCCG vs. FSU could have been a Win.

7-7 is not the end result we were looking for but when you look back it could have been much better.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The team had an extremely rough start in the beginning of 2012.

Never seen CPJ looking so distraught until that video interview with Wes right after the Miami game. I think the video got pulled shortly after.

Not exactly the "turnaround" season that we were expecting but the team could have given up after the 2-4 start.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

7-7 and we could have and should have finished 9-5 or 10-4.
Miami should have been a Win.
Va. Tech should have been a Win.
And whether you think we deserved to be there or not ACCCG vs. FSU could have been a Win.

7-7 is not the end result we were looking for but when you look back it could have been much better.

MTSU should've been a win. I think the VPI loss and the Miami loss were really the difference makers. Our D played played pretty well in the VPI game up until that last drive. After that we began to play tighter, and I think our D just couldn't get out of their own heads after the Miami game until the Coordinator change. If we beat Miami, we beat MTSU and perhaps even CU. I'll say it again, I think we got the players on D to be really good.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
MTSU should've been a win. I think the VPI loss and the Miami loss were really the difference makers. Our D played played pretty well in the VPI game up until that last drive. After that we began to play tighter, and I think our D just couldn't get out of their own heads after the Miami game until the Coordinator change. If we beat Miami, we beat MTSU and perhaps even CU. I'll say it again, I think we got the players on D to be really good.

While I understand I'm playing the "should've could've would've" game, I agree with you. That Miami loss was horrible. It wasn't just the fact that we lost, it was the way we lost. Brutal.