2 straight home games

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Starts today with a 2 p.m. game against East Tennessee State. ESPN 3.
Tech is hitting just 44.0 percent of their shots from the floor. This must get better heading into conference.
play.

Monday 12/16 Kennesaw State visits McCamish.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looking sluggish vs ETSU so far. Heyward starts for Golden surprisingly.

10-6 early

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We're jut going through the motions in this game. We're much more talented than ETSU so I think Gregory is trying to keep the younger guys in which should keep the effort up. Stacy Poole looks good today. If he could utilize even half of his athleticism he'd be ridiculous

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Destroying their zone now 42-23. Looks like Doyle and Co will get lots of 2nd half minutes

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets pulling away, as they should. They are making crisp passes, taking good shots, and rebounding well. And with quick outlets, they are beating the zone down the floor, giving themselves easy opportunities. Heyward and Stephens putting in some good minutes early. Bolden still looking lost most of the time, but he did finally make a 3. I think CBG is still not sure what to do with him--leave him in and hope he finds his stroke again, or sit him and risk killing his confidence.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Stephens is an intriguing player. As I recall the plan was to have him be a 6'8 guy playing the 3 spot. But CBG needs the body in the 4 & 5 spots. And apparently will need him there next season. He has a ton of skill. Just lacks bulk.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
That was 2010. Last year under Hewitt, loss @ KSU and UGA at home... ugh knew that was going to be a horrible season before league play started
Took son to that game up at KSU. "Enjoyed'' the jubilation of the KSU crowd after the game was over. Always felt that CPH should have made the GT team stay on the bench to watch the celebration.
KSU ended up 8 -23 that year. Think that was Coach Preston's first year there.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Coach on Golden and Bolden not starting: "They were late for pre-game meal, and if you're late and you're a starter then you don't start."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good for CBG. Granted not a major game, etc. but hopefully the point was driven home for them and the others on the team.

gtdrew

Banned
Took son to that game up at KSU. "Enjoyed'' the jubilation of the KSU crowd after the game was over. Always felt that CPH should have made the GT team stay on the bench to watch the celebration.
KSU ended up 8 -23 that year. Think that was Coach Preston's first year there.
I got to call that game for KSUOWL radio. One of the highlights of my career...

gtdrew

Banned
It was, bc our kids were so jacked for that game and we had the football announcement that day. It wasn't, bc I was a Tech man first and had to watch the program reduced to getting run out of a glorified high school gym by a team that finished WELL below .500.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Not only did KSU suck that year, we had an NBA first round draft pick playing point. That loss rests squarely on Hewitt. I don't remember the game specifically but I can guess the things that did us in: inbounds passing, free throws, no offensive plays, and an NBA style "defense"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. But is Heyward our first option after Golden? that does not bode well...

I think both Bolden and Golden sat to start the game, so Heyward and Solo Poole started. I suspect that Solo would come in and rotate with Golden and Bolden at the guard spot more often.