2 More Years Probation?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We had to do the 2 years self imposed. Having MBob in this case helps. He has worked for the NCAA and was chairman of basketball committee. I expect the NCAA will except this and do nothing more.

I think they will accept it too. MBob is making sure we do the right thing to keep this from becoming worse.

RussianOffense

Georgia Tech Fan
It is failure on multiple levels to not comply. Compliance director gave him bad direction, OK. But why is compliance director a single point of failure? We need to be thorough with compliance and it needs to be the coaching staff who know the rules not just the compliance department. Too much "not my department" attitude and not enough collective responsibility. Radakovich is the scapegoat, it is everyone's fault, and we won't be good until everyone takes responsibility.

RussianOffense

Georgia Tech Fan
We have people who make sure every player goes to class but no one who makes sure the compliance director following the rules. Stupid.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Too much "not my department" attitude and not enough collective responsibility. Radakovich is the scapegoat, it is everyone's fault, and we won't be good until everyone takes responsibility.

But if it was Dan RadishOrangovich that created (or simply encouraged, or even just allowed) the compartmentalization, then he's not being scapegoated. He's the guy that defined what sort of our organization our AA was going to be, and if he screwed that up (which is precisely what he did) then we are entirely correct to lay this whole issue at his feet.

We have people who make sure every player goes to class but no one who makes sure the compliance director following the rules. Stupid.

We did have someone with that responsibility; he even had his own job title. It was called "Athletic Director". How can you not recognize that one of the boss's principal jobs is to make sure that his or her department heads are doing theirs?