2 Guaranteed Wins

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
If we could have two guaranteed wins every season it would be Duke and Pitt. I hate those teams so much. Duke and Cutfliffe are just annoying, and have always ruined our seasons. And Pitt is that team that will suck *** against a nobody team and then beat a high ranked team the next week. Total Jekyll and Hyde team. I wish we could have guaranteed wins against them every year.

You know everybody on this board always says we should beat Duke very year........Why. Duke can recruit at the same level if not better than us because they have more degrees. In my years, with a few exception years when they were really bad, they always gave us fits. This goes back to the 70's. Duke was never a gimme game. And in the late 80's they whupped us. In fact in 1990 they were scoring on us with that short passing game they gave always had.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I would take the FCS as win #1 so we will quit being a P-5 laughing stock....than UGA (that FCS loss should be cause for dismissal, no matter who the Coach is/was...CPJ/CGC/CBL)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If we could have two guaranteed wins every season it would be Duke and Pitt. I hate those teams so much. Duke and Cutfliffe are just annoying, and have always ruined our seasons. And Pitt is that team that will suck *** against a nobody team and then beat a high ranked team the next week. Total Jekyll and Hyde team. I wish we could have guaranteed wins against them every year.

Everybody has their favorite hate teams, often based on personal experiences or where they happen to live. But if you live in Georgia its got to be UGA and Clemson followed closely by Miami. UGA and Clemson because of long standing rivalries and geography. Miami....well because its Miami.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You know everybody on this board always says we should beat Duke very year........Why. Duke can recruit at the same level if not better than us because they have more degrees. In my years, with a few exception years when they were really bad, they always gave us fits. This goes back to the 70's. Duke was never a gimme game. And in the late 80's they whupped us. In fact in 1990 they were scoring on us with that short passing game they gave always had.

True enough. Duke is one of those teams, sort of like UVA in Hooville, that just plays us tough no matter how bad they are or how good we are. Its just one of those things. A long storied rivalry that goes all the way back to when Tech was in the SEC. I don't know but I would surmise that Duke or Clemson would be the second team we have played the most after UGA.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
From 2003-2013 we lost to Duke once. That was in 2003. We pretty much HAMMERED Duke every year until 2014 when we lost 31-25.

Kinda sad us GT fans are making excuses why we are losing to Duke. Let's call a spade a spade: GT didn't invest what we needed to to maintain our program and we are finding the hole past ADs and the admins put us in deeper than we thought. It is what it is, and we can either own it and do something about it, or keep making excuses.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
True enough. Duke is one of those teams, sort of like UVA in Hooville, that just plays us tough no matter how bad they are or how good we are. Its just one of those things. A long storied rivalry that goes all the way back to when Tech was in the SEC. I don't know but I would surmise that Duke or Clemson would be the second team we have played the most after UGA.
Auburn

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
From 2003-2013 we lost to Duke once. That was in 2003. We pretty much HAMMERED Duke every year until 2014 when we lost 31-25.

Kinda sad us GT fans are making excuses why we are losing to Duke. Let's call a spade a spade: GT didn't invest what we needed to to maintain our program and we are finding the hole past ADs and the admins put us in deeper than we thought. It is what it is, and we can either own it and do something about it, or keep making excuses.

We should beat them every year but since Coach Cutliff arrived on the scene it has been tough going. We even lost to them one year when Roof was the coach there. Now that is pretty bad.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

sad times man

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
Little off topic, but I now have a true disdain for Pitt and their fans. Used to really only dislike Miami fans but after sitting amongst quite a few Pitt fans this weekend, they are on my **** list. Super obnoxious and got on my nerves quick. I would enjoy beating them year in and year out.

Jmonty71

Banned
The fact we have to treat Duke as some mega villain to be defeated, is a terrible sign for any team. Just saying. Most teams have issues with Bama, UGA, Ohio State and such. Us.... Duke. Sad but true.