1st Practice?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
1st weekend of practice for NCAA baseball teams. I’ll enlighten you all with some HEAVY analysis that correlates directly to success or failure during our opening weekend (tic) Opening practice weekend….THE WEATHER.

Weekend Forecasts this weekend:
GA Tech (Atlanta): Mostly sunny – HI 51 LO 33
BYU (Provo, UT): Partly sunny/cold - HI 27 LO 12
Marshall (Huntington, WV): Cloudy/cold/some snow: HI 41 LO 25
Western Mich (Kalamazoo, MI): Cloudy/cold/snow: HI 32 LO 16

Longer term (my glance)…next 3 weeks:
Atlanta: Generally good. Spotty days of rain. Balmy temps. ZERO threat of wintry weather.
Provo, UT: Not too bad. Spotty precip. Cold; but not crazy cold. No significant threat of wintry weather.
Huntington, WV: More rain/precip than Provo or Kalamazoo. Cold. Some wintry stuff too.
Kalamazoo, MI: A little worse than Provo. Some precip. Cold. A little more; but not much snow/rain.

There you go... HUGE (not really) advantage to the Yellow Jackets.
You're all very welcome.
[I'll never get that 12 mins back] :geek:

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
We (Davidson) always opened with snowbirds (ivies, maac, et al) and while climate does not make a difference at the margins, if you haven't taken a hop off of grass or thrown on a dirt mound in months, the first game can be real rough.

We won our first 10 or so one year by playing teams like Columbia, Harvard and Manhattan that had practiced indoors all winter. Obviously, they aren't powerhouses, but IMO we were less talented.