1960 GT vs Kentucky

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Very interesting to see the QB actually block defenders, or at least provide some useful interference, on occasion. Not uncommon back then, of course.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Kinda random, but I am amazed at the improvements in groundskeeping. That UK game was the first of the year, but the Grant Field turf looked absolutely destroyed even in the first half.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I wanted to thank you for finding this clip. As I'm sure you are aware, Taz passed away recently, but what many people didn't know is that few members of his family (in Savannah) had the opportunity to see him play Varsity ball at Tech, so I shared the link with his sister, Clay, who was overwhelmed being able to watch her brother score a TD for her beloved Yellow Jackets.

"Glenn, A million thanks for the film. I am just so happy watching my brother play.I never got to see him play varsity ball! So this was a real treat. And seeing him make a touchdown was wonderful. And anytime you run across something about Tech I would love to see it."

While I know your intentions were to present some footage from an early GA Tech-Kentucky game for fans to enjoy, what you accomplished was actually much, much more important to our Tech family than you could ever imagined.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
FYI Corner: Some of the better-known names on that team were Billy Shaw, #71; Rufus Guthrie, #63; Larry Stallings, Stan Gann, #12; Taz Anderson, #88; Marvin Tibbits, #15; Chick Graning, #26; Walter Howard, #16; Bobby Caldwell, #55; Billy Williamson, #30, Tom Winningder, #25, Gerald Burch, #86, Ben Smith, #42.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
FYI Corner: Some of the better-known names on that team were Billy Shaw, #71; Rufus Guthrie, #63; Larry Stallings, Stan Gann, #12; Taz Anderson, #88; Marvin Tibbits, #15; Chick Graning, #26; Walter Howard, #16; Bobby Caldwell, #55; Billy Williamson, #30, Tom Winningder, #25, Gerald Burch, #86, Ben Smith, #42.

Were they still playing 'iron man football' in 1960? I enjoyed watching the black and white highlights however noticed I hear Billy Williamson for both offense and defense a few times.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Were they still playing 'iron man football' in 1960? I enjoyed watching the black and white highlights however noticed I hear Billy Williamson for both offense and defense a few times.
Billy still gets out to the Letterwinner's golf tournament at Stone Mountain. I met him in the parking lot two years ago. Great, funny personality.