#15 on Athlon

thwgjacket

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-pre-spring-top-25-2015

15. Georgia Tech
Returning Starters:
Offense – 7, Defense – 7

georgia-tech-yellow-jackets.png
The Yellow Jackets emerged from a wide-open Coastal Division to finish 11-3 and claim the Orange Bowl title last season. Coach Paul Johnson has a few holes to fill this spring, but Georgia Tech should be the favorite in the Coastal in 2015. Quarterback Justin Thomas is back after a standout debut as the full-time starter, and seven starters return from a defense that forced 29 turnovers in 2014. The biggest question mark for Johnson will be finding new rushing options at the A-back and B-back positions.

Every SEC West team is ranked in their pre-season poll because....duh.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The game @ ND is huge for national recognition. ND is ND no matter how good or bad they may be at that time. We win in there stadium on a nationally televised game it will make a lot of people realize last year was no joke. No one up here in the Midwest really has a clue about us. I can tell you no one I know watched the orange bowl because it was New Years night and 2 southern teams really don't appeal to most up here. The only reason it was on at the party I was at was because I took the remote. Beat ND at home and people will start to pay attention.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The game @ ND is huge for national recognition. ND is ND no matter how good or bad they may be at that time. We win in there stadium on a nationally televised game it will make a lot of people realize last year was no joke. No one up here in the Midwest really has a clue about us. I can tell you no one I know watched the orange bowl because it was New Years night and 2 southern teams really don't appeal to most up here. The only reason it was on at the party I was at was because I took the remote. Beat ND at home and people will start to pay attention.
I agree that beating ND in South Bend is a very good start at making "beelievers" out of the college football world. However, it still comes down to what both teams do before and after that game. ND has Texas and Uva before us. It is probable they are undefeated before our game. It is most likely that we are, too, with our 2 tuneups. After us, ND has UMass, Clemson, Navy, USC. If they go on to beat all of those teams, it will tell a very different story than if they lose to the two or three of those games.

In 2007, we beat them then both teams went down the poop hole for the rest of the season. That win meant nothing to the casual fan. I, however, loved it as I was there cheering on my Jackets. Full disclosure says I'm also an ND fan, I know blasphemy, but my older brother went there. It is truely a special place to visit and see a game. I encourage anyone to make it if at all possible. Their fans and campus staff roll out the red carpet for visiting fans.