12 Weekend Games plus Mercer (expires... Fri)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
For FUN only ...
A short time thread to capture PREDICTIONS. Ga Tech just beat the best team on its [remaining schedule]...the dreaded Bull doggies.

So.... what are the thoughts & prognostications on remaining games.... in order
3 x Clemson
3 x Western Carolina
3 at Duke
1 x Mercer (5/14)
3 x Pittsburgh

I think 11-2 (loss to Clemson & Duke)

Yes... very optimistic; but our confidence must be high. ...
AND even better 3 weeks without a midweek game = bullpen arms/depth not seen....yet.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For FUN only ...
A short time thread to capture PREDICTIONS. Ga Tech just beat the best team on its [remaining schedule]...the dreaded Bull doggies.

3 x Clemson
3 x Western Carolina
3 at Duke
1 x Mercer (5/14)
3 x Pittsburgh

AND even better 3 weeks without a midweek game = bullpen arms/depth not seen....yet.
I agree 11-2. I wonder if they have any plans to make up the Ga Southern game in the 'boro. They have a few open dates to play with. I know they have finals coming up but maybe the can squeeze it in. I wanna go 10-1 vs the state!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We’ve been a force in midweek games so I’m gonna slot that as a win for now. Hard to sweep anybody, but WCU at home simply needs to be one. 4-0 OOC (assuming no makeup with GSU).

So that leaves 3 ACC series left against a bottom feeder, mediocre team that’s hot, and a good team that’s cold. I’ll go 6-3. Because it’s college baseball.

10-3 gets us to 38-16 (19-11) against a Top 10ish SOS. Finish around #8 in the polls. That would probably be borderline for getting a NCAAT Seed going into the ACCT. Could maybe tip either way depending on our performance in Durham.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
For FUN only ...

3 x Clemson
3 x Western Carolina
3 at Duke
1 x Mercer (5/14)
3 x Pittsburgh

Likely Case
3 x Clemson 2-1
3 x Western Carolina 3-0
3 at Duke 1-2 (just got a bad feeling about this one)
1 x Mercer (5/14) 1-0
3 x Pittsburgh 3-0 (simply must sweep .... they will be looking for the season to end and we will be in a dog fight).

Total 10-3

If the cards fall right at Duke I can see us at 11-2. if we slip against WCU or Pitt ........ well, lets not think about that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We’ve been a force in midweek games so I’m gonna slot that as a win for now. Hard to sweep anybody, but WCU at home simply needs to be one. 4-0 OOC (assuming no makeup with GSU).

So that leaves 3 ACC series left against a bottom feeder, mediocre team that’s hot, and a good team that’s cold. I’ll go 6-3. Because it’s college baseball.

10-3 gets us to 38-16 (19-11) against a Top 10ish SOS. Finish around #8 in the polls. That would probably be borderline for getting a NCAAT Seed going into the ACCT. Could maybe tip either way depending on our performance in Durham.
This analysis makes sense to me. I'll have what he's having and go with the same prediction. My only added comment is I think we may finish 2nd in the Coastal as a result of going 3-3 in the next two ACC series while I think UNC probably posts a 5-1 mark vs a reeling Virginia club and bottom feeder Pitt. That will leave us 2 games back as they square off vs N C State while we take on Pitt. And while I do believe we'll sweep Pitt (they will have absolutely nothing to play for at that stage), I question whether UNC will drop 2 of 3 vs N C state. But, it's baseball and you never know, so let's see how it all plays out....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
..... So that leaves 3 ACC series left against a bottom feeder, mediocre team that’s hot, and a good team that’s cold. I’ll go 6-3. Because it’s college baseball. ......

Great summary. I think Duke pitching is better than mediocre, but overall I can't argue. It's baseball though. The important thing is we are playing well with elite OB%, good defense and good starting pitching with relieving pitching starting to be used more effectively (i.e. pull pitchers who are doing well before they lose the game).