12/5/2021 - UNC @ GT

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Oh, you’re saying he should stop recruiting HS players and focus only on the transfer portal. An interesting take.
Where did I say that? Certain classes need to target different things. Your argument is based on Georgia tech being less attractive than a year ago where everyone was happy about recruiting.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Where did I say that? Certain classes need to target different things. Your argument is based on Georgia tech being less attractive than a year ago where everyone was happy about recruiting.
I’m not arguing anything. You said Freshman can’t contribute. Why would you recruit somebody that was worthless? Just go work the transfer portal.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I’m not arguing anything. You said Freshman can’t contribute. Why would you recruit somebody that was worthless? Just go work the transfer portal.
I did not say that at all. Saying freshman are usually bad shouldn't be groundbreaking information.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
And we could win both by blowouts. How bout showing some faith
Based on what? 5-3 with one bad loss a blowout at home and another home loss where we had our best player score 33 points. LSU and USC are both very good teams. Are we, to date, no!

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of you pos(t)ers lost yo mind. Member the talk of Jose - on the GT forums - as a FR? Not an ACC level PG? I was early and often that he would help change GT culture. How about Moses as FR? I def did not see him developing. He said after Okogie got drafted - “I’ll see you up there.” Implying he (Moses) thought would make NBA. He said it after his Sophomore year; I thought he was CRAZY. He wasn’t. Look how much Moses improved.
These 3 freshmen (4 with Hill) are VERY SOLID. They came in ready to contribute. Sure, they’ll have bumps and off games, but the skill set and signs of growth are already noticeable. Coleman CURRENTLY leads ACC in 3pt%, Kelly has basketball skill - can dribble and shoot. AND I think Jaylon Moore will develop the best of all three. Anyone who craps on these guys after only 8 games doesn’t know college basketball and how players develop. Go get your head examined. These current freshmen are a great recruiting class for the get old strategy - they’ll likely be full term college guys. As for next class, let it play out. Stay focused on this season and the next game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was wondering how our recruiting was going and what I got was Freshman generally don’t play better than Sophs or Juniors. Yes, not a surprise.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We don't need our 5's to score. An example of our weaknesses? Our 5's not scoring is our weakness? Do a little more research.
That's funny.We lose by 17 with NO pts scored by 5s and we don't need pts from the 5s.! Did you happen to see the Ga Southern game when we almost couldn't score until Mike comes in the game.
btw-research? I've played and coached basketball for 50 yrs and sure I don't need research to tell me that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's funny.We lose by 17 with NO pts scored by 5s and we don't need pts from the 5s.! Did you happen to see the Ga Southern game when we almost couldn't score until Mike comes in the game.
btw-research? I've played and coached basketball for 50 yrs and sure I don't need research to tell me that.
hyperbole, much?

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
What are we even talking about?

After about an hour of post-contest analysis and a family dinner to really think it over, I'm still not sure if Lewis Hamilton broke the rules, but congrats to him for winning the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.
I didn't want the important part of this thread to die, so one final update.

"Max Verstappen ripped a record eighth title away from Lewis Hamilton with a pass on the final lap of the Abu Dhabi GP to close one of the most thrilling Formula One seasons in years as the first Dutch world champion."

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming........

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't want the important part of this thread to die, so one final update.

"Max Verstappen ripped a record eighth title away from Lewis Hamilton with a pass on the final lap of the Abu Dhabi GP to close one of the most thrilling Formula One seasons in years as the first Dutch world champion."

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming........
Max Verstappen is no Emerson Fittipaldi.