12/15 Early Signing Day: GT

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
All these comments about getting the ball to a TE are true but the problem we had was we haven’t had TE’s who could get separation from a LB. They’ve all been slow as molasses. Maybe the guy from Syracuse is quick enough to give the QB a window. If you were Patenaude what would you have done - dump pass to Gibbs or Smith or force a pass to a plodding TE. Maybe this TE and Kicker can fill two major voids.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey, we got a TE from 'Cuse! That's neat! I didn't know the portal worked that way, all I've ever heard about the portal from the swarm is that its an evil device to take players away from Tech. I'm just playing, but lets be real, the portal giveth and taketh away. Lets hope there's more giveth-ing to be done than taketh-ing

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hey, we got a TE from 'Cuse! That's neat! I didn't know the portal worked that way, all I've ever heard about the portal from the swarm is that its an evil device to take players away from Tech. I'm just playing, but lets be real, the portal giveth and taketh away. Lets hope there's more giveth-ing to be done than taketh-ing
I have not heard of a Syracuse TE coming here?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The portal is now just free agency.

Lane Kiffin (the hero we need but don't want?) said this very thing. Said stte that folks don't want to call it that but that's exactly what it is.

Schools(sic) are coordinating with companies to set up automatic NILs for certain position groups to spur commitments too.

Mark emmert in his office rn ...

escalated.gif

College sports, as we knew them, are ded. D-E-D. Just call it a school-affiliated club system and call it a day. And stop calling them "student" athletes.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
KYLE EFFORD LB 6-2 230 Dacula, Ga. Dacula HS
BRANDON BEST OL 6-4 300 Tucker, Ga. Milton HS
JAMIE FELIX RB 5-10 195 Kingsland, Ga. Camden County
D.J. MOORE WR 6-1 190 Loganville, Ga. Archer HS
TYLER GIBSON OL 6-5 290 Alpharetta, Ga.(Johns Creek HS)
ZACH PYRON QB 6-3 215 Pinson, Ala. Pinson Valley HS
AIDAN BIRR K 6-1 190 Kennedale, Texas Kennedale HS
JAYLIN MARSHALL DB 6-3 190 Fort Lauderdale, Fla.(Western HS)

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Not tech related but rumors that #1 recruit in the nation Travis Hunter at Collins hill will be flipping to Deion and JSU and getting a $2 million NIL deal with Dave Portnoy and one bite pizza and barstool sports.
Just goes to show that with the right coach and NIL money that recruiting can really be affected in today's environment.

I wonder why, with all of the new staff that we have added over the past 3 years, we have not added NIL specific department in the Athletics Department to dacilitate deals like this. I wonder if Gibbs would have stayed with a better NIL deal even with the losing