11-Alive article explains Tech loss...

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty dismissive of Tech's effort... The Jackets nearly went up 14-7 at the beginning of the 3rd and had the game all but wrapped up, about to score again (a FG at least) with under 3:00 to go -- points missed by the article. Tech came close to giving this game away every bit as much as Georgia did. The announcers even said before the game and after Butker made the kick that these were two very evenly matched teams. Georgia was pretty much dominated the entire second half by Tech's offense.

http://www.11alive.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/02/uga-ga-tech-what-we-learned/19796591/

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Typical. The old saw is that if you are a real super-duper team, then losing a few players - even one as good as Gurley - shouldn't hurt. And before the game that was exactly what they were saying.

The secret here - for them, not for us - is that they got their hinnies beaten off on b0th LOSs. You get pushed right off the OLS on O and we'll - well, we'll run for 399 yards on you. Your OL can't control the LOS and your running game disappears, like it did in the second quarter. What I look forward to is next year in Atlanta with the D better and the O finally catching up in experience. That should be fun.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Hutson Mason is the worst: Georgia lost the game because of him. His ineptitude in throwing the game ending interception should be reason to revoke his scholarship and make him pay Georgia back for five years of free tuition, room and board. Or so folks would have you believe. Never mind that he hadn't thrown an interception since October 4. Or that he leads the SEC in fewest interceptions as well as highest completion percentage. Or that he has the second-highest quarterback ranking in the conference. No, Mason is fated to be written off by short-sighted, angry fans as the guy who cost Georgia the game. There is no mention of how he put the team on his back in the final drive of regulation, moving the offense 69 yards in the final 2:41 of the game by completing five passes, including what should have been the game winner to Malcolm Mitchell. Just as Terrence Edwards is always remembered for missing a catch against Florida -- despite being the Bulldogs' most prolific wide receiver -- Mason's chance at a story-book ending will be forgotten. Everyone will remember the interception.

What an *******.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
That is extremely delusional.
I really don't want to read this article, so how does he account for Tech's second quarter TD then?

It was a 2nd and 5 pass to Waller from the 7 yard line for which there was not really any defense. Was that a drive where a UGA player had one of the two (as I recall) somewhat decent chances at an interception of Thomas?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Hahaha, oh how I love that.

Radi is the biggest uga homer I've ever seen...he is terrible. Every year he picks uga to win it all and every game they lose is packed with excused...only lose to USC due to a bad holding call, missing starters vs UF, gave the game to us, etc.

I loved reading the butthurt from him.

Awesome.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Radi blows. Predicted dwagz to blow us out, recruiting rankings, ya know. Gives us no credit for punching back after being punched first. What a wanker.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
" It may not feel like it after losing to Tech, but Georgia is headed in the right direction."

I agree with this statement. The right direction is more losses to Georgia Tech.

I'd love to hear the dwags rational behind this, they will be starting either a frosh qb, or a guy who couldn't beat out Mason, lose 4 starters on Off, and 5 on Def. It sets up for a similar year to the one when Stafford was a frosh.

Plus Roof has unveiled the blueprint on how to stop their offense, i hope all the D coord of their future opponents took notes.

https://uga.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
It's going to be funny when we beat their arses again next year. Wonder what he will write then? Guess he didn't see us absolutely blowing both their lines off the ball in the 2nd half...

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Two teams showed how to beat them . UF bulldozed their defense even worse than we did. Then we manhandled their
D as well. Two of their biggest rivals , who they probably thought they " owned ". Excuses aside, those losses must really hurt.