10th coach

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
With us pretty much knowing who the new DC will be, what are same names of guys y’all would like to see as a 10th coach? I’m hoping for someone that’s more we’ll known (was hoping for Kelly) someone that can recruit very well and possibly coach on The D and maybe even ST. Anyone know of someone connected to CPJ in some way?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if Dwyer would be interested. Or Daryl Smith

Dwyer? Really? What redeeming quality (in terms of coaching) does he have? He basically crapped on PJs system on the way out so I can't imagine he would want to come back and have to sell that.

With the 10th position it should be someone who can bring a tangible improvement to the coaching staff. I know nothing about Dwyer in recent years, but he can't have much coaching experience if any at all.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Demontie cross, he coached LB’s and was co DC at TCU before becoming the DC at Missouri. He did get fired this year. I like that he’s learned under Paterson though and has a lot of coaching experience, pro and college. I don’t think there is any relationship between him and CPJ but I wouldn’t mind getting him.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bump.... interested in any names that are logical.

I said it in another thread. Woody hires his own d staff. And the 10th spot saved for mccollum.

Mac will be the asst to the asst. in charge of all assts, better sp teams, more recruiting, and defensive consultation.

As far as who he hires for dl. Lb. secondary no clue. He could bring them all from app st. Or pick and choose.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Can the AD?
Hire our back up choice, Brent Venables?
I believe that is called sarcasm? I thought his defense did everything it could to beat Alabama, with two of the Alabama TDs scored after turnovers, but the Alabama defense was more than awesome.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I said it in another thread. Woody hires his own d staff. And the 10th spot saved for mccollum.

Mac will be the asst to the asst. in charge of all assts, better sp teams, more recruiting, and defensive consultation.

As far as who he hires for dl. Lb. secondary no clue. He could bring them all from app st. Or pick and choose.
Yea I could definitely see this. From what I’ve seen the only ones that would come over with Woody is the DL and CB coach. I think another guy on D left app State for GA southern and the other is an older guy that’s been at App state for like 20 years or so.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Whoever Woody brings, they'll have their work cut out for them. UGA has already signed 4 OL in the early signing period, who are in the ESPN Top 300. Those OL come in at 327, 346, 342 and 317 and are all 4-stars by their rating.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Whoever Woody brings, they'll have their work cut out for them. UGA has already signed 4 OL in the early signing period, who are in the ESPN Top 300. Those OL come in at 327, 346, 342 and 317 and are all 4-stars by their rating.
We are going to need to work on the plumbing in the visitors locker room before they come back in 2019.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure where to put this but I was chatting with a co-worker earlier who's good friends with former GT lineman Errin Joe, and he told me that he maybe joining our staff soon. He also told me he's currently at FIU. With a quick Google search his LinkedIn page comes up and, sure enough, he's apart of their quality control staff. Could just be a rumor but I hope this is true. It would really show that we're trying catch up and keep pace with the other more successful programs in college football.