Lawrence Austin
11213458.jpeg

Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Barnesville, Ga.
High School: Lamar County
Height / Weight: 5-9 / 184
Position: DB
Birthdate: 03/10/1996

2014 (True Freshman): Played in all 14 games, making one start at NC State ... Had 19 tackles, including 11 solo, one interception, one pass break-up, and one forced fumble ... Recorded one solo tackle vs. Florida State in ACC Championship Game (Dec. 6) ... Had two solo tackles vs. Clemson (Nov. 15) ... Made career-first start and recorded four tackles and one pass breakup at NC State (Nov. 8) ... Registered career-best five tackles, including four solo, vs. Duke (Oct. 11) ... Recorded three tackles and forced first fumble of career at Virginia Tech (Sept. 20) ... Made one solo tackle vs. Georgia Southern (Sept. 13) ... Had career-first interception and made one tackle at Tulane (Sept. 6) ... Recorded one tackle in collegiate debut in season opener against Wofford (Aug. 30).

High School: Played under coach Frank Stephens ... Was standout on both sides of ball in high school ... As senior, rushed for 1,348 yards and 19 touchdowns, averaging 9.7 yards per carry... Caught 10 passes for 211 yards and four TDs ... Recorded 69 tackles, seven tackles for loss, four interceptions, two pass break-ups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and one defensive touchdown ... Also returned kick for TD ... Helped lead Lamar County to 14-1 record and runner-up finish in state championship game ... Also ran track for four years.

Personal: Full name is Lawrence Alexander Austin ... Parents are Derick and Stephanie Austin ... Derick played football at Georgia Southern ... Born March 10, 1996, in Statesboro, Ga. ... Siblings are Lance and Precious ... Began playing football at age 7 ... Enjoys fishing ... Chose Georgia Tech because “it’s one of the top academic institutions in the nation, with one of the top football programs, and because it’s close to home.”

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 1075Austin twins might be smaller in height but they like to hit and play with high intensity.
This play is one of my fondest memories from last year. I mean, that just doesn't happen when we play them, at least since 2000. ('98-00 it came to be expected). When we recovered the kick, I told my wife the game was over. Didn't know we would run two QB bootlegs to make the end more interesting however :woot: .

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Someone with the skills should sue up the opening KO against NC State last year for #20, Mr Austin. He totally leveled the guy. Love the hard hitting.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
How well known is the Clint Castleberry story? I don't recall hearing it when I was at Tech. But I was married with 2 kids and studying EE so didn't do much outside of the Library and football Saturdays.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
How well known is the Clint Castleberry story? I don't recall hearing it when I was at Tech. But I was married with 2 kids and studying EE so didn't do much outside of the Library and football Saturdays.

It SHOULD be well known to every Tech fan. From what I was told and the limited film that exist he was an unbelievable football player, to finish 3rd in the Heisman voting as a true freshman from a southern school lets you know just how special he was. I won't even address his ultimate sacrifice. THWG!!!!!!!!!!!!