09 Championship Game Replay

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
I've got it on while I work. A great game and a bit of a microcosm of the CPJ years. Give up a lot of points but score even more! A nail-biter to the end.

Cannot believe this team didn't beat Georgia the week before. That win would've cemented this season as just about the best non-natty season in Tech history (except maybe Dodd's undefeated season that we don't claim). Without that, '14 easily enters the conversation.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
We had soooo much talent, maybe the most talented team in GT history? Dwyer, Nesbitt, Demaryius, S. Hill, Roddy, Ant. Allen, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, not to mention Tarrant, @Ibeeballin, Brad Jefferson.
Then guys like Jemea, Orwin, and Godhigh who didn't play much but were waiting in the wings.
@Ibeeballin Who was the most difficult guy to go up against from that team? Was there anyone who was super talented and showed out in practice, but never really broke out in game?

Last edited:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
No. We had great Nike team gear available then and still do. Our fans just dress like dorks as a whole (not all of them); go to a GT game today and you still see that same Colisseum and Target/Walmart GT gear among 90% of our base.
Nike and Adidas make some decent gear for us overall.

I wouldn’t say great by any means. It was hard to find good stuff back then as it still is even now sometimes. Yea we have some dorky fans but we’ve also always done a crappy job of getting good product widespread.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had forgotten how good Nesbitt could be. The O line was really firing off the ball. There were some really really good players on that team. Fun to watch that team.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We had soooo much talent, maybe the most talented team in GT history? Dwyer, Nesbitt, Demaryius, S. Hill, Roddy, Ant. Allen, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, not to mention Tarrant, @Ibeeballin, Brad Jefferson.
Then guys like Jemea, Orwin, and Godhigh who didn't play much but were waiting in the wings.
@Ibeeballin Who was the most difficult guy to go up against from that team? Was there anyone who was super talented and showed out in practice, but never really broke out in game?

On our team? Without question Nesbitt, built like a LB and wheels. Watching today just reinforced how great he really was. He made a lot of nothing into something

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Whoa.

More talent than the team in early 50's that had 6 A-A in one year?

More than the Heisman team that won N.C.?

More than 62 team ( that beat #1 bama) and had, I believe 7 guys go to NFL?

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
On our team? Without question Nesbitt, built like a LB and wheels. Watching today just reinforced how great he really was. He made a lot of nothing into something
Awesome. I was a kid, but I really have a lot of admiration for Nesbitt and his ability to mix it up in the trenches. Did you have an extra chip on your shoulder playing against Clemson, or was it just like any other game for you?