🤞Clemson at Georgia Tech Jan 20 2021, 7 PM 🤞

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
When does Coach Past we contract ends? Shall our AD be talking to him about renewing his contract?

It goes through the 22-23 season I believe. Realistically we'll probably have to extend him a year for recruiting purposes regardless. However I don't expect much beyond that this unless we go on a serious run.

In terms of any long term extension, I would imagine we would like to see how the team responds after the big senior class leaves before doing anything major.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Rinse and repeat again and again. That was nice. We had not finished a game where all the big threats all played well - still haven’t!!! It was not a good shooting game for Jose. Add his guitar strumming to this display, and you’re playing with any team in the country. Bubba had one of the most impactful low scoring games I’ve seen in a long time. Inch for inch, crazy gutty player. Without the team’s great O, this could have been tough with Tigers shooting winning percentage - over 50%. Maybe our high-tech, expensive shooting machine that’s used at practice is finally properly calibrated.
Bubba played the most mins with ONE pt. They should count charges like blocks,Bubba would win the prize..

Deleted member 2897

Also, I want to see how THIS season works out because next yr is a HUGE ! question mark.If none of the SRs return and we have just one starter and no big men ready for the ACC, it could be rough..

We have more talent coming in than we have leaving. We’ll go from 4 top 150 guys in the main rotation to...... possibly 6. The risk is we’ll be a lot younger, which is obviously a huge risk.

While I love seeing our guys make the NBA early, if we lose the whole shootin match of starters including Devoe, it could be rough indeed. But our talent pool is higher than it has been in a very long time.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's funny. I really like watching them (when we aren't lined up against them) because of the disciplined approach they take to playing the game. The things we don't like about playing them are some of my favorite parts about basketball.

Agreed it is going to be interesting to see our 1-3-1 zone against their Pack Line approach.

Oh yeah...UVA is fun to watch from an X's and O's perspective. But they're like a Paul Johnson spread option team....fun if they're playing for you, miserable if you have to play against them.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Oh yeah...UVA is fun to watch from an X's and O's perspective. But they're like a Paul Johnson spread option team....fun if they're playing for you, miserable if you have to play against them.
Yeah in the last media availability Moses said something to the effect of “we have to stay disciplined and keep running our offense, even if we ran the set 30 times, why not run it for 31”. I wonder if CJP wants to embrace more of the grindingly slow pace these next 6ish hellweek games, or just expects it to be required to win them.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah in the last media availability Moses said something to the effect of “we have to stay disciplined and keep running our offense, even if we ran the set 30 times, why not run it for 31”. I wonder if CJP wants to embrace more of the grindingly slow pace these next 6ish hellweek games, or just expects it to be required to win them.

Sounds like CPJ too.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
TBH, I'm not sure how FSU has lost a game this season. When they show up and play, they can be so dominant. They have nightmare mismatches almost at every position.
agree 100%. after our matchup in december, my first thought was: how/where can i gamble money on fsu going to the final 4. and scottie barnes is going to improve each week on the way to march madness. yikes.