“I got out” bad for recruiting

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Might not have a team. I think kids want to come, but only to have the opportunity to play football and have schooling. If they could only have school, I doubt a lot would still come.
I am not sure what exactly you are saying. Are you saying student-athletes in high school wouldn't choose Tech if they only got to partake in academics?

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks flea.
Your son will do great things

I heard a saying that described the maturing impact Ga Tech has on its grads. The saying is advice for a young teenager "First GRAB IRON - It makes the weak strong and the proud humble. "

As a scholar athlete at gt - Life will be much sweeter due to the time he has spent in the ring.
Thank you, people can say what they want, but GT is HARD. Maybe not as hard for a business major not playing sports . All the E major guys I have meet over the past 5 years said it was HELL. So the easiest path at GT, is like going thru the " Terry business college " with NO easy electives. So sell it. Honestly, thats the only reason I was on the GT train. If I was " football only" Miss State, UGA, Clemson, UCF ( year pass for Disney and Universal ) FSU, Auburn, and a few others would have been way more attractive. At the end of the day, GT has all the advantages a S/A wants. Compete at the highest level and get a degree with Real value. GT is hard, its in its DNA. So sell it. CPJ was honest, thats prob why he grads over 85%.

Last edited:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, people can say what they want, but GT is HARD. Maybe not as hard for a business major not playing sports . All the E major guys I have meet over the past 5 years said it was HELL. So the easiest path at GT, is like going thru the " Terry business college " with NO easy electives. So sell it. Honestly, thats the only reason I was on the GT train. If I was " football only" Miss State, UGA, Clemson, UCF ( year pass for Disney and Universal ) FSU, Auburn, and a few others would have been way more attractive. At the end of the day, GT has all the advantages a S/A wants. Compete at the highest level and get a degree with Real value. GT is hard, its in its DNA. So sell it.
Can GT hire you to be a recruiting advisor? I am buying everything you're selling.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Amazing. We have this school because others before us built it. And if someone objects to attending the school, because they don’t like the traditions, I say, “Don’t come.”

Can you imagine ...
- I object to the Rambling Wreck because it runs on fossil fuels.
- I object to the name “Tech” because it sounds hard.
- I object that Bobby Dodd Stadium is named after a man. It should be named after a famous transgender.
- I object that they don’t serve organic vegan food in the concessions. It should be the only thing allowed.

Etc etc etc

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Not all, but I think a good bit would not be at GT if not for football.

Most would not be here. Lets be honest, Will made 1 B in advanced chemistry in HS. , was a " Zell Miller " SAT guy. No way in hell he would have gotten into GT , except for football. Will tells me all the time, he is the dumbest guy in his classes, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Amazing. We have this school because others before us built it. And if someone objects to attending the school, because they don’t like the traditions, I say, “Don’t come.”

Can you imagine ...
- I object to the Rambling Wreck because it runs on fossil fuels.
- I object to the name “Tech” because it sounds hard.
- I object that Bobby Dodd Stadium is named after a man. It should be named after a famous transgender.
- I object that they don’t serve organic vegan food in the concessions. It should be the only thing allowed.

Etc etc etc

It'd be kinda cool if we put a Tesla motor in the Rambling Wreck!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why not just build a replica Wreck out of a golf cart?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1011127/whatthe****4c0b9.gif

LOLOLOL. Not laughing at the people getting bowled over...laughing at the guy who bailed out and rolled off the cart like he was leaving a fiery death trap on the road. Talk about overly dramatic, and he could have friggin stopped the cart himself. Jeez...you don't want to be in battle with that guy.

Animal02

Banned
LOLOLOL. Not laughing at the people getting bowled over...laughing at the guy who bailed out and rolled off the cart like he was leaving a fiery death trap on the road. Talk about overly dramatic, and he could have friggin stopped the cart himself. Jeez...you don't want to be in battle with that guy.
To be fair.....he was not in the cart to begin with, and likely hurt and rather stunned after the impact.

LibertyTurns

Banned
To be fair.....he was not in the cart to begin with, and likely hurt and rather stunned after the impact.
Screw him, if he can’t take the heat get off the freaking field. He had a chance for glory and he chose to hide under his mother’s skirt. Life’s full of options, he lacked the backbone to pick the right one at the time when his reputation was on the line.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Screw him, if he can’t take the heat get off the freaking field. He had a chance for glory and he chose to hide under his mother’s skirt. Life’s full of options, he lacked the backbone to pick the right one at the time when his reputation was on the line.

:ROFLMAO:

I just cleared my sinuses with hot coffee. Thanks!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm a terrible person, but I'm laughing at every second of that video. And that guy who bailed...at least he steered it away from hitting one guy, and possibly the guy giving chase asked him to jump off so he could stop it. Either way, thank God for the camera operators being on point that day.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

This guy gets it. Lol